• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Wow, that sounds BADASS.

I think the guys at Gun Connection mentioned this a while back. That's going to be a really nice place when it's open.

Might make a good location for a MD Shooters event.:)

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Using Paypal to ask for donations doesn't give me a good first impression.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Using Paypal to ask for donations doesn't give me a good first impression.

That was a thought of mine too, but if the place comes to fruition, then I can overlook it I guess. It does seem strange for a "for profit" business to ask for donations instead of just pre-selling memberships.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Interesting.

That's a several million dollar set up. The air handeling, back stop and target systyem are very expensive to do correctly.

You would think they would have investors or bank backing, not asking for donations.

Just my .02!

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Dang, that's like within walking distance from my house and I didn't even know about it. :D

EDIT: Nevermind, that's the mailing address. Look like they're looking for a spot to open along Route 40 in Harford County. Apparently not even started to be built yet??

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    I know this gentleman personally and it is a very expensive set up he is trying to accomplish. He has a bank willing to lend some money on it and the business plan has been done. I am supposed to meet with him to take a look at it soon and see if I can get an investor on board.

He is trying to make it feasible in our neck of the woods zoostation, which would be cool for us.

eapmai

Oct 29, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    That was a thought of mine too, but if the place comes to fruition, then I can overlook it I guess. It does seem strange for a "for profit" business to ask for donations instead of just pre-selling memberships.

+1 on the PayPal thing.
    Asking for donations seems like a "good idea" but how does a donor derive
    any benefit from that transaction. Pre-selling memberships does appear
    to be the better choice - only if the bank provides the necessary funding
    otherwise the whole thing could go up in smoke.
    :innocent0

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    +1 on the PayPal thing.
    Asking for donations seems like a "good idea" but how does a donor derive
    any benefit from that transaction. Pre-selling memberships does appear
    to be the better choice - only if the bank provides the necessary funding
    otherwise the whole thing could go up in smoke.
    :innocent0

I'd risk up to maybe $75 up front for a one year membership. If they go bust, I'm out $75, if it works out, I get a kickass place to shoot for a good deal.

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I'd risk up to maybe $75 up front for a one year membership. If they go bust, I'm out $75, if it works out, I get a kickass place to shoot for a good deal.

Yeah, that was another thing, I didn't see on their FAQ what happened to your 10Kilobuck lifetime-executive-primo-exclusive-lounge-lizard membership if they went belly-up.

xd40c

Business Owner-Gun Toter
    Sep 20, 2007
    East Earl, PA
    Let's see...43000 feet at oh.. $8.00/ft. That's $28,666.66 per month for rent! That comes out to 2205 hours of range time assuming he gets $13.00 per hour for each rental.

It seems to me that he's going to need a sh*tload of people through the doors each and every day.

I live in Aberdeen, it would be fantastic to have a facility of this "caliber" so close. But I'll need some real hard numbers to give him anything more than an annual membership

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Looks like you could still get this uber membership up to six months AFTER opening. If I were to even consider one of these memberships (I'm not), I would DEFINITELY wait until the place opens AND go there to monitor traffic in the facility--you are actually "investing" this money into the business.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Prices are high, even excluding the "executive level".

$175.00 plus tax for the first year
    One Year individual Membership
    Range time is reduced to $8.00 plus taxes each visit

On Target family membership is something like $225 and it's free unlimited range time.

The firearms storage thing is a great idea however. I've often wished that some places that I frequent would do this. How cool would it be for me to store my trap gun at PGC and be able to drive over there from work when I'm less than a mile away? Much better than driving 45 minutes home and then 45 minutes back.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Really looking at this site, I can begin to understand why it will be expensive to shoot there. Lots of overhead in equipment.

I wish them luck. It would be a cool place to have a get together for the forum.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Norton, one huge difference in this place is it will have a 100yd indoor rifle range that will support large caliber rifles, no range in the state offers that to my knowledge.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Norton, one huge difference in this place is it will have a 100yd indoor rifle range that will support large caliber rifles, no range in the state offers that to my knowledge.

Yup....I went back through and looked at their facility plans a lot closer and they will have some things that will be unique to their business. I'd be willing for us too have a shoot their if they gave a substantial break on the fees.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    This sounds like the club I used to go to at home in Scottsdale, AZ. I could never afford a membership though. The "Titanium" membership (same as Executive at this future MD range) cost $10,000 + $200/month :crazy:. They had an iris scanner to get into the Platinum range. One thing that they did have that I would LOVE to see built here was the "Tactical Shoot House" which consisted of the following:

This facility is unique, to say the least. Our fully furnished two-story live-fire shoot house is located between the tactical shooting lanes and the Titanium lanes. The SGC’s revolutionary indoor shoot house can be modified into an unlimited number of configurations to duplicate specific indoor layouts. The Tactical Shoot House™ offers a realistic environment to train for entries, home defense, or any indoor situation. The entire house is armored to enable live-fire training with frangible ammunition against paper or 3-D reactive targets. The Tactical Shoot House™ is a significant training tool for Military, Law Enforcement, and Civilians alike. SGC encourages civilians and members to utilize this invaluable and unique training tool.

The SGC Tactical Shoot House has been integrated with:

Moveable walls
    : This is one of the greatest architectural achievements in modern firearms training facilities of the 21st century (exclusively designed and used by SGC). Being able to move walls allows SGC to change scenarios so that the shooter gets a new experience for each training session. Our wall system also allows us to rebuild someone’s home to teach escape/clearing in the flow of the actual house or facility.

Door breeching capabilities: Special doors in the shoot house has been designed for breaching and to be kicked, giving a reality to training that is unsurpassed by any other facility.

Six points of entry into the Shoot House: We have 4 points of entry upstairs; Two in the front, one in the back, and a roof hatch. That's right, a roof hatch, for clearing the building from the top down. It can also be integrated into helicopter insertions. By rebuilding the shoot house and changing the entry point we can almost guarantee never to have the same flow to the house. Even with the same configuration you have new problems and have to find new solutions. Six entrees give the SGC shoot house the ability for multiple teams to enter at the same time for any real world application.

A cut back staircase: Stairs are one of the “Fatal Funnels” that are very difficult to train for. Our Shoot house has addressed this in a home / office type switch back staircase. We can create many different problems for our members to solve.

False ceilings and hidden compartments: to challenge even the most experienced shooters.

Force on force capabilities with UTM® “marking cartridges”: People refer to marking cartridges as the ultimate high-tech paint ball. The chances are high that we have a conversion kit to fit your firearm. The conversion kit modifies the firearm so it can fire the marking cartridges but not live ammunition. There is no better training aid then what we call “Force on Force” which means that you actually go against another person. The options and versatility are endless and only limited by the imagination.

Link: http://www.scottsdalegunclub.com

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    $10,000 + $200/month!!!

Holy crap.....a skybox at a football game would probably be cheaper than that. I mean, no matter how many perqs you put into it.....it's still a shooting range.

Now if they added Geisha girls that would be different :innocent0

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    They have an outdoor range down in Va. that is Kilobucks to join AND has a waiting list. I saw pictures of it and it is all shot up. It's just a status thing to belong there I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom