has anyone bought the 22LR 5K bulk pack from CMP?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kevmo

N00b
    Feb 20, 2009
    Severn
    if so, would you be willing to sell me a couple hundred rounds?

i want to test it in my advantage arms kit before buying a 5K brick of it to see if it'll run through the kit without problems...

i've heard the kit was picky with 22 ammo.

jake12

May 18, 2010
    Just saw that this morning and was wondering the same thing. Hope someone can speak up with an experience.

w2kbr

MSI EM, NRA LM, SAF, AAFG
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144
    Have not been up on the CMP site lately...but if the ammo you refer to is AGUILA, 22LR Standard Velocity, ELEY Primed, and Made in Mexico........
    I got some..but only use it for plinking.....In Bullseye, Timed and Rapid fire I've found it to be unreliable......I use CCI for competition..

YMMV
    R

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    It's not the CMP Aguila stuff, it is Remington surplus from the 1990s.

I bought several cases the last time they had this stuff. It is good. Very reliable (no misfires) and quite accurate for anything but match-shooting. I plan to order more.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    That's a decent deal.

PSA is selling 5250 rounds of the CCI blazer for about $180 shipped. New, proven ammo.

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    Military contract .22LR? What military gun takes .22LR?

There used to be a lot of trainers and military marksmanship programs that use .22 LR. Some of the JROTC high school marksmanship programs used to use air rifles, and the occasional .22, to teach marksmanship and they even had competition matches between schools.
    The Remington 513T is one of the types of rifles they used.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    There used to be a lot of trainers and military marksmanship programs that use .22 LR. Some of the JROTC high school marksmanship programs used to use air rifles, and the occasional .22, to teach marksmanship and they even had competition matches between schools.

Bingo.

This is the same stuff the .gov used to make available for boy scouts as well.

I have a brick from last time that I have not opened yet (need to clean out my other non match 22 first).

I've been told it's ok. It's bulk 22. If you expect it to act like bulk ammo you should not be disappointed.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia

They still do. St Charles Sportsman's Club in Waldorf, supports 5 High School JROTC air rifle teams. They also have a jr rifle program and use several Remington 513T among other rifles.

I run the Jr program and will be ordering 15,000 rounds of .22lr today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom