• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Harry had another side. Some years ago when there was a basement fire there, he made a big stink cuz he said the FD used too much water & caused too much damage. Which of course was not the case. This in turn caused lots of bad feelings in town. Not to say this was the result, but his business has been going down in numbers for years.

rob257

Jan 17, 2013
    North Central Carroll Co.
    Wow - really

I'm in Westminster 20-30 times a week..never seen this placed.

You must be new to Westminster. "Harrys Hotdogs" used to be on the corner of John St & W. Main from at least the mid 60's until the late 70's - early 80's.

Then it moved farther west on W. Main St right close to the old Movie Theater. Almost directly across from the Tevis/Jiffy Mart/Shell Station.

I will admit the quality suffered some in the last 10/12 yrs but it was an iconic piece of Westminster history.

Rob

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    It was the first place I took my daughter into. She was 4 days old. That was the old place that should have been left alone. Went in there at dinner time about a year ago and the place was empty. Should have been a clue. Dinner really sucked! Wasn't hard to see they were not going to last much longer. Hard to stay open with bad food and no customers.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    You must be new to Westminster. "Harrys Hotdogs" used to be on the corner of John St & W. Main from at least the mid 60's until the late 70's - early 80's.

Then it moved farther west on W. Main St right close to the old Movie Theater. Almost directly across from the Tevis/Jiffy Mart/Shell Station.

I will admit the quality suffered some in the last 10/12 yrs but it was an iconic piece of Westminster history.

Rob

Seems to me the had a place out on 140 near the Hess gas station back in the 80's. Correct me if I'm wrong. It might have been called Harry's Subs. Same owner???

It was the first place I took my daughter into. She was 4 days old. That was the old place that should have been left alone. Went in there at dinner time about a year ago and the place was empty. Should have been a clue. Dinner really sucked! Wasn't hard to see they were not going to last much longer. Hard to stay open with bad food and no customers.
    I patronized that place back in 2007-2008 a few times and the food wasn't bad at all and it was usually busy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom