• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    September 8 & 9 Harrisburg, PA; 1200 tables Farm Show Complex, (internet map) 2300 North Cameron St., 17110. Interstate - 81 exit 67 Cameron St. south to Farm Show Complex on right. From Pa. turnpike ( I - 76 ) exit 247, follow I - 283 north to I - 83 north to I - 81 south to exit 67.

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    I'm seeing the one near Pittsburg on the 8th and 9th. But this one isn't showing up on gunshows-usa.com Any links to this would be great.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    http://gunshowtrader.com/gun-shows/harrisburg-gun-knife-show
    http://www.maacpsse.com/maac.html
    http://www.pafarmshowcomplex.com

September 8 & 9 Harrisburg, PA; 1200 tables Farm Show Complex, (internet map) 2300 North Cameron St., 17110. Interstate - 81 exit 67 Cameron St. south to Farm Show Complex on right. From Pa. turnpike ( I - 76 ) exit 247, follow I - 283 north to I - 83 north to I - 81 south to exit 67. No great buildup needed for this show. It has become the largest show of its kind in the east. None bigger or longer established. Our usuual offerings, plus and open invitation to RUGER, SAVAGE, MARLIN, HOPKINS & ALLEN, IVER JOHNSON, HIGH STANDARD, AND THOMPSON CENTER collectors WORLD WIDE to display or sell. Special display tables will be available and cash awards will be offered for best educational display. For particulars on exhibit space, call or email.

usaf_joe

newb..
    Jul 21, 2012
    AA County
    Has anyone ever gone to this show? Is it worth a 2 hour drive in hopes of getting a good deal on some mags for my Colt M4?

ghost1981

Aug 1, 2012
    Frederick
    I will be going with some family and maybe a friend. I missed the Gettysburg show but really want to go to the Harrisburg show. Our gunsmith let us know a little about it. Seems to have a nice turnout with plenty of vendors. Other than that, the trip will be my first to the Harrisburg show. I need to get a MDS shirt so I can show my pride. Any partners going to be there with shirts?

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Has anyone ever gone to this show? Is it worth a 2 hour drive in hopes of getting a good deal on some mags for my Colt M4?

If that's all your looking for they better be giving them away for free.:D
    I'm sure if you go you'll run onto some other deals.

Demoneyes86

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Baltimore
    I went a few months ago great show. Many good buys. I though it was like $8-$10 to get in. Did it go up?!? Or maybe i may be thinking another show. Hmm.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I could not find the entry fee in any of the links. $20 seems a bit high, when a table is $65.

usaf_joe

newb..
    Jul 21, 2012
    AA County
    If that's all your looking for they better be giving them away for free.:D
    I'm sure if you go you'll run onto some other deals.

Hmmm.. good point:thumbsup:

What about ammo prices? Do these shows usually have any good deals on ammo? If you couldn't tell, I've never gone to a show before :sad20:

Hippy

Mar 11, 2008
    Frostburg Md
    It is kinda SAD where we have gone with gun shows, Twenty years ago we only had 6 to 10 shows a year within a two hour drive now we have that many in the summer months alone.

It was always nice as you could find a deal as the dealer was going have to wait till next show 4-6 months away to move his merchandise. Now he will be someplace next week.

There is a LGS here that sets up at shows EVERY weekend from April till December and he knows what items will bring and where to sell it.

The only people that make $$$ are the show promoters $30-50. per table $6-10 to get in $5-10 for parking- Did I mention $4.00 a gallon for gas ?

Jim

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    It is kinda SAD where we have gone with gun shows, Twenty years ago we only had 6 to 10 shows a year within a two hour drive now we have that many in the summer months alone.

It was always nice as you could find a deal as the dealer was going have to wait till next show 4-6 months away to move his merchandise. Now he will be someplace next week.

There is a LGS here that sets up at shows EVERY weekend from April till December and he knows what items will bring and where to sell it.

The only people that make $$$ are the show promoters $30-50. per table $6-10 to get in $5-10 for parking- Did I mention $4.00 a gallon for gas ?

Jim

Hardly seems sad.....despite the number of gun shows per year, HUNDREDS or THOUSANDS of folks continue to show up at these shows. If there were no demand for these shows, the supply would dry up. Every show I go to I find things I didn't see at previous shows, and I'm still seeing dealers with crates of Romanian Toks, Mosins (I'm into C & R), and a larger selection of regular modern firearms under one roof than I could ever see around Baltimore at one time.

I doubt only the promoters are making money. When the vendors stop making money they'll stop buying vendor spaces and the shows will get smaller and start to disappear. Simple free enterprise at work. Meanwhile, it seems to be working. The demand is there to support the supply, people are happy with the selection and willing to pay the prices being asked and the American system is working. Free enterprise at it's best and all without gov't regulation (for the business aspect that is....)

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    my eyes are probably just tired at end of day, but on the websites, i couldn't find any info re cost to get in and/or parking or other fees. also saw reference to both 1200 and then 800 table event so not sure which one this is.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    just got an email back from the promoter:

OVER 700 TABLES RENTED OUT. ADMISSION $ 8.00 ADULT UNDER 12 FREE.
    STATE CHARGES FOR PARKING. $ 8.00

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom