• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Louie

Sep 10, 2009
    Edgehood
    I've seen the advertisement on this event. But I've noticed there has been no mention of it here. Has this show gone knives and rubber band guns?

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I've seen the advertisement on this event. But I've noticed there has been no mention of it here. Has this show gone knives and rubber band guns?

Last time I was there it was the height of the "buy 30 round mags" panic. They gouged me $5 to park and about that much to get in. Once in it was nothing but price gouging.

That being said, this year parking is supposedly free and the panic has begun to subside. As for "knives and rubber bands", all the shows seem to have some of that crap anymore. Harrisburg is not as bad as the ones put on by Appalachian Promotions, though. There is always tons of gun stuff to peruse and buy, even for Maryland residents.

planktonadbc

Jun 20, 2013
    Harpers Ferry
    Meeting my brother in law there on Sat. It's is a gun and knife show at the Farm Complex, it's free parking from what I hear from the promoter (Mid Atlantic Arms Collectors, MAAC). I'll take some pics and post them.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I think my son and I will go to this one instead of Timonium. Does this show start at 9:00?

Yes, the show starts at 9. I'd get there early though because of the line. I am planning to arrive around 8.

Shopping for a parts kit for my new Nodak Spud AKMS receiver and LPKs for my AR lowers

Wiseguy59

Sep 10, 2013
    Northern Balto. County
    Thanks! We were going to go to Timonium, but because of the October 1st date looming ever closer, I think that show might be crazy. I'm hoping the craziness stays south of the PA line. :)

Caeb75

Full fledged member
    Sep 19, 2007
    Aberdeen
    We are here setting up now. It is in the old building. The parking for the gun show is free. There are other events this weekend that have paid parking, but the gun show parking is free!!!

planktonadbc

Jun 20, 2013
    Harpers Ferry
    This was a nice show.
    pe9ujyhy.jpg

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    It was a good show. Ammo prices were decent, AR accessories have come down in price. Saw plenty of PMags and Magpul equipment for fair price. 5.56 is still sky high.

Personally I picked up 1000 rounds of Wolf 7.62, 440 of surplus 7.62x54R, and some Prvi 5.56 in the white boxes

Lostinbmore

Junior grade mop slopper
    Dec 19, 2012
    Baltimore
    The back wall was nothing but reloading supply and powder. I don't know what other components they had.

On the other far wall there was a guy selling bushmasters for 799 otd.

I picked up 2 eotec's and some mags. I almost bought some .45 and .556. Decided to keep my money and buy a lower and maybe a ruger Blackhawk of I find one in .45 lc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Last time I was there it was the height of the "buy 30 round mags" panic. They gouged me $5 to park and about that much to get in. Once in it was nothing but price gouging.

That being said, this year parking is supposedly free and the panic has begun to subside. As for "knives and rubber bands", all the shows seem to have some of that crap anymore. Harrisburg is not as bad as the ones put on by Appalachian Promotions, though. There is always tons of gun stuff to peruse and buy, even for Maryland residents.

Wow. Don't like paying for anything, heh??:sad20:
    Gouging--that's funny.

The Harrisburg show has always ranked up there with the York show.

Wiseguy59

Sep 10, 2013
    Northern Balto. County
    I second that, saw tons of primers and reloading supplies.

Don't try to buy 22. $50/500 average price :lol2:

I bought some powder and primers from T & T down at the end of the building at "fair" prices for today. We found some .22 ammo for $35/500 and bought 2 boxes. I'm not crazy about the price, but it was cheaper than I've seen. My son found some 5.7 for $22/50. He bought the entire 9 boxes. I'm glad I went, it was a nice show. If only I had more money..... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom