• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Ok, I'm an idiot, I tried figuring this out myself, but couldn't: what do I need to do to get a Harris bi-pod on my 597? From what I could figure you need a QD sling swivel mounted, then the bi-pod mounts to that. The rifle didn't come with sling swivels, can I install one myself just for mounting the bi-pod?

Any help would be appreciated... ;)

mch28

Sep 20, 2007
    If it's wood use these. They might work on the synthetic too depending on how thick the material is.
    highresimage

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Here's a pic of what the stock looks like on the "inside" -

597stock2.jpg

I guess the ones mch28 linked will work. The little post in the first "cell" of the stock is about 3/8" high from the inside of the stock. I guess the smaller one would work best.

trapture

Surplus Rifle Lover
    Apr 27, 2007
    Dundalk-Ish
    If you don't "NEED" that barrel I'll take it off your hands :) I need to order one from Remington here soon. I got all the parts but the barrel from the one guy on this site who moved.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    If you don't "NEED" that barrel I'll take it off your hands :) I need to order one from Remington here soon. I got all the parts but the barrel from the one guy on this site who moved.

Oh, I just had it disassembled to show the stock. I'm keeping the stock barrel on it for now. Maybe some day I'll get a threaded one and a silencer... :D (I wish!)

So if I install one of the screw-type sling studs, I can install this bipod? - http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=586996&t=11082005

One thing is weird though, retail price is $59.99, dealer price is $61.99 :confused:

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Ok, got a pack of Uncle Mike's 2520-0 Wood Screw sling swivel studs, $4 at Dick's. The girl who rang me up actually used to work with me 4-5 years ago! These things weren't very hard to install. I read a tutorial saying you needed all sorts of crap, like a gun vise, drill alignment tool, etc. I think I got them dead center, in straight, with just a power drill and a 3rd hand from my brother holding the stock steady for the rear stud.

Anyway... Done, and done!

2004_0101slingstuds0005.jpg

2004_0101slingstuds0006.jpg

biohazard597

Bloodhound
    Jul 15, 2008
    Baltimore County
    One thing is weird though, retail price is $59.99, dealer price is $61.99 :confused:

You know, I should have looked at that website before going to the dealer. I bought one for 115 bucks! I think I might take it back and complain about the price. Works fine though. Just don't make the hole too big!

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    You know, I should have looked at that website before going to the dealer. I bought one for 115 bucks! I think I might take it back and complain about the price. Works fine though. Just don't make the hole too big!

There are different levels of Harris Bipods.

Harris LMS retail price is $118.95 That most likely what you bought.

Most dealers carry the higher end Harris bipods for centerfire rifles and people who want the quality over the economy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom