• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sim1776

Oct 30, 2010
    Harford county
    Will this be at the Camp Saffran range? Been quite a few years since I was at Broad Creek so I didn't know if they added any ranges. Hope there's spots still on Friday, I'll probably sign up for the Saturday only part. Wife gets kinda unhappy when I tie up a whole weekend with "gun stuff."

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    Mark your calenders!!!

The Freestate Youth Marksmanship Club (www.FreestateYouthSportsFoundation.org) has gotten together with BeSwift to bring an Appleseed Shoot to Harford County! This will be a .22 only shoot with only 15 spots available, and is open to us grownups as well as kids.

I'm looking forward to it and hopefully you will be too!!!

www.AppleseedInfo.org :thumbsup:

Can you guys give me a quick run down on this, never heard of it and the BS camp is basically in my back yard almost. Would like to get my daughter out for this. Thanks.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    I will actually be back in town that weekend, but I'll be doing my ER rotation, so I have no idea what my schedule is going to be. And I won't know until March 12th. I'll just catch the next one.

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    Can you guys give me a quick run down on this, never heard of it and the BS camp is basically in my back yard almost. Would like to get my daughter out for this. Thanks.

It is basically a 2 day shooting event that is both educational in a historic aspect relative to the beginning of the Revolutionary War in 1775, as well as expert instruction on military type shooting. Men are $70 for both days, women and kids are free (or very close to free- $10 reservation fee). You can't get this level of shooting instruction anywhere at a price close to that. This one is .22 only shoot with the preferred gun being a semi-automatic with a magazine--- that being said however, bring whatever .22 you can, or loaners are available.

www.appleseedinfo.org is the official website, but this link gives a good description from an objective point of view---
    http://www.tacticalintelligence.net/blog/the-appleseed-project-a-review.htm

Please feel free to contact me or even better, BeSwift-- the Appleseed instructor for the weekend---he's a member of this forum.

A couple of fun days of shooting and learning for a very good price--- and great cause! Appleseeds are run by the Revolutionary War Veterans Association--- I can't believe that any Revolutionary War Veterans are still alive..... :thumbsup:

kevoxlfx

Jan 12, 2009
    Baltimore
    it says on the site to email the instructors to get set in groups with your friends... do you know who to contact? myself and my friend have signed up.. with only 15 spots how many groups do you think they will have?

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    it says on the site to email the instructors to get set in groups with your friends... do you know who to contact? myself and my friend have signed up.. with only 15 spots how many groups do you think they will have?

I'm pretty sure it will be done that morning, and I gotta feeling we'll just be one big happy group... Some Appleseed's have upwards of a hundred or more shooters, so I think that applies to the big ones...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom