• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Last week was my birthday, that was the reason to finally pull the trigger and buy a 1911. I found this babe. It is a 1913 frame with a WWII rearsenaled slide with National Match competition sights. The collector value is zero. The target shooting value for me is high. Photos do not do justice. It looks almost mint in person. I believe this was someone’s baby and they made it into their perfect shooter. I could not be more happy unless I was at the range.

DC registration was interesting. They had NEVER heard of a 1911 and would not accept it is a Colt because it does not say Colt on the side. They said, "ALL guns have the manufacturer on the side" I brought plenty of supporting documentation to tell what it is from the serial number and inspector mark. That was a no go. They had to bring it to their "gun experts." Apparently it is a Remington model Rand. Colts are made by Remington too.:lol2: I did manage to register the first C&R in DC by age rather than specifically on the list.:thumbsup:

img5882p.jpg

23svldy.jpg

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I love the way you don't take a no. I understand why the people at gun registration are the way they are...........no formal training, no firearms knowledge, but day work M-F with weekends off.

They are scared to let anything that they don't specifically have knowledge of get through.

You sir are freakin awesome, so is the gun! We will have to go shoot sometime........anywhere but MSAR hahaha. I know your from D.C. and love shooting your gun sideways there but I prefer calmer locations. Good work, beautiful gun!!

Leeann

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2011
    Edgewater
    Remington Rand 1911s are great pistols. That's the first .45 I shot, down at a friends' place on the E. Shore of VA. Convinced me to buy a 1911 ;)

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    I love the way you don't take a no. I understand why the people at gun registration are the way they are...........no formal training, no firearms knowledge, but day work M-F with weekends off.

They are scared to let anything that they don't specifically have knowledge of get through.

You sir are freakin awesome, so is the gun! We will have to go shoot sometime........anywhere but MSAR hahaha. I know your from D.C. and love shooting your gun sideways there but I prefer calmer locations. Good work, beautiful gun!!

I do understand what you are saying, but I do not understand registration. They may not be gun people, but they should know a 1911. When I tell them the truth, they refuse to accept it. Also their gun handling safety is atrocious. Every time I have to remind them to not muzzle sweep me. A few times they have returned the gun muzzle first, safety off, slide closed, and finger on the trigger. Then they flip out if I safety check the weapon before taking possession. :shrug:

/rant

Nice :thumbsup:

Looks like it's missing a suppressor with those high sights :innocent0

Suppressors are baaaaad. :ohnoes:

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I do understand what you are saying, but I do not understand registration. They may not be gun people, but they should know a 1911. When I tell them the truth, they refuse to accept it. Also their gun handling safety is atrocious. Every time I have to remind them to not muzzle sweep me. A few times they have returned the gun muzzle first, safety off, slide closed, and finger on the trigger. Then they flip out if I safety check the weapon before taking possession. :shrug:

/rant

Suppressors are baaaaad. :ohnoes:

For the sake of keeping my job........let me just say.......everyone on MDS know you are a patient man...........PM inbound.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Happy Birthday Guys!

For my birthday this year... I got a gift certificate to bed, bath and beyond..... hoooohuuummm. had to act all excited and gave it back to the wifey.

Mt Airy

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2010
    Frederick county
    Very nice pistol And Happy Birthday. I also got a 1911 for my birthday birthday was back in June but I just got it last weekend.
    Shoot it and enjoy !!!!!!

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    belated happy bday!! just saw your dad yesterday!! he sold me a sig 226 last week and picked it up yesterday.. was talking about the dc gun registrations when i bought it... LOL

that is one nice piece!!

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    belated happy bday!! just saw your dad yesterday!! he sold me a sig 226 last week and picked it up yesterday.. was talking about the dc gun registrations when i bought it... LOL

that is one nice piece!!

Nice Sig.:thumbsup:

I asked my Dad if he knew you a few weeks ago. '...tall, thin filipino guy, looks like bad guy #3 in every Kung Fu movie ever made.' He knew exactly who I was talking about. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom