• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    It should be open. They list Christmas Day and New Year's Day as the special days they are closed.

Not sure how the roads will be but my section of Baltimore County has had rain and temps above 40 for most of the day. Saturday should help as well with the snow.

1874sharpsshooter

Feb 1, 2009
    cape coral, florida
    Hap Baker is open it's regular hours this weekend and next week. the road is clear and the range itself has been plowed.
    January 1st starts the weekends only, fri. sat. and sun. only until april 1st.
    we will be closed january 1st

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    This might be a dumb question, but - since I've never seen one there - are there any special rules / restrictions concerning chronographs? I just got one for Christmas and I'm itching to try it out.

Last edited:

Ieatpeople

Dec 15, 2009
    road was fine last sunday, a little wet, but i was driving my busted old 5-series and it made it just fine. 2-wheel drive, no limited slip differential. absolutely zero issues.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    This might be a dumb question, but - since I've never seen one there - are there any special rules / restrictions concerning chronometers? I just got one for Christmas and I'm itching to try it out.

Do you mean chronograph?

s7_221339_imageset_01

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    So 1874 I think I talked to you in the handgun range about re-loading?
    I don't mind the wait - ya can talk with a buncha folks then.

But for those who don't know, the rifle line goes 'cold' at say, 1:00 and also like 1:30 and every half hour. So if you show up at 1:00 in the parking lot you can't put targets out at least 'till 1:30 Handgun range is always 'hot'

MDCXD

Nov 27, 2008
    Mt. Airy
    This might be a dumb question, but - since I've never seen one there - are there any special rules / restrictions concerning chronographs? I just got one for Christmas and I'm itching to try it out.

If you are going to set up a chrony at Hap Baker. I would suggest getting there early ( around 9:00am ) in order to give you enough time to get your chrony setup.
    The normal cease fire only last about 5 - 10 min. and is not enough time to post targets and set up a chrony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom