• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jcwright

Jan 8, 2012
    Could anyone tell me if the FNH FNX 45 is on the Md roster? Some of the lists i am seeing appear to be older and i am hoping there is a newer list and it happens to be on it.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    If you can get one soon enough the board is meeting in January so you can submit it and have it around March once it's approved.

salopez

Apr 11, 2011
    Mt airy Md
    i went through this last year with a taurus mil pro. the 32 was not on the list, but the 38, 380, 9mm, 40, and 45 were...with multiples of each on the list. it was rather painless except for hearing my wife wanting to know where her new handgun was.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    Someone hurry up and send a Zastava M92 PAP in 7.62x39 and if it gets approved GROUP BUY!!!

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
      147.8 KB · Views: 405

Jcwright

Jan 8, 2012
    i went through this last year with a taurus mil pro. the 32 was not on the list, but the 38, 380, 9mm, 40, and 45 were...with multiples of each on the list. it was rather painless except for hearing my wife wanting to know where her new handgun was.

With the others already on the list what was the timeframe for getting the 32?

salopez

Apr 11, 2011
    Mt airy Md
    Bought the gun at the end of jan for valentines day....has it in hand end of march early april. had to wait for second meeting i believe.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Someone hurry up and send a Zastava M92 PAP in 7.62x39 and if it gets approved GROUP BUY!!!

Not gonna happen. Someone would need to make an MD approved 7.62x39 borelock. Which at this moment, doesn't exist.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    7.62 is 30 cal ... I bet there is something that will work

As far as I know there are no MD approved borelocks for the AK. Thats why no one has ever sent a Draco or other AK pistol to the MD board for approval. They wont approve it if there is no lock that can be used on it.

Jcwright

Jan 8, 2012
    Would it have to be a manufactured and bought borelock or could you make one? Doesnt seem like it would be to hard to make.

Nevermind, did some research and i see it has to be MD approved.

Last edited:

VFP

Nov 22, 2012
    Ok, just for sheets n giggles, is the handgun roster a list of approved guns or a list of regulated guns. There is no description or explanation on the page that lists all the guns that are listed.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Ok, just for sheets n giggles, is the handgun roster a list of approved guns or a list of regulated guns. There is no description or explanation on the page that lists all the guns that are listed.

It's regulated handguns. And every modern day handgun is regulated.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    All handguns (except muzzleloading) are regulated in Maryland, as are some long guns. This means additional MSP paperwork and an 8-day (minimum) wait, over and beyond the federal NICS check.

New models of handguns (for anything manufactured after 1985) must be added to the "approved handgun roster" before they're legal for sale in Maryland.

It does NOT make possession of anything not on the list "prohibited", so someone moving to MD from out-of-state could legally possess a handgun that a Marylander is prohibited from buying.

Yes, this is all very stupid. That's what happens when gun-hating idiots fabricate laws to regulate things they know nothing about.

Sent from my iSlate using Prehistoric Birds

bobnieder

S&W Fan
    May 1, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Gun-haters who do not care how convoluted the process is and who hope to make it so aggravating that prospective gun buyers give up in disgust

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom