Handgun range in or near Montgomery Co. MD that will allow you to shoot your own ammo

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Dick Gilbert says the only way he could get zoning approval was to acquiesce to Mo Co's demand that members not bring their own ammo.

I have no idea if it's true but it sure seems logical, given the lib morons who run the county.

Yet if I buy ammo there and have some left, I can walk out with it. Entire story is a bit fishy. They've been around for a while and seen no heroic efforts to change the "County Mandated Policy", which probably has no legal grounds. Didn't the County try banning mail order ammo too? If you are W, SW of Gilberts, NRA is the go to. Just be careful when due to traffic. If I time it lucky, I can be there in under 30 minutes at near posted speed limit. They let your kids share range at no charge, and 50 yards.. NRA member $15/hr

outrider58

Loves Red Balloons
    MDS Supporter
    Yet if I buy ammo there and have some left, I can walk out with it. Entire story is a bit fishy. They've been around for a while and seen no heroic efforts to change the "County Mandated Policy", which probably has no legal grounds. Didn't the County try banning mail order ammo too? If you are W, SW of Gilberts, NRA is the go to. Just be careful when due to traffic. If I time it lucky, I can be there in under 30 minutes at near posted speed limit. They let your kids share range at no charge, and 50 yards.. NRA member $15/hr

Why would they try and change it(policy)? They're making money selling ammo to shooters.

i never considered that. who leaves a range with ammo?

:D

I do all the time. I bring tons of ammo to the range. Good side is, I've never run out of ammo...just daylight. :D

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Dick Gilbert says the only way he could get zoning approval was to acquiesce to Mo Co's demand that members not bring their own ammo.

I have no idea if it's true but it sure seems logical, given the lib morons who run the county.

This was indeed the case when the range was being built. Montgomery County put him through the ringer when he was getting that place built.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aklax11

Jan 8, 2015
    I have a membership to Machine Gun Nest and I live in eastern Montgomery county near I-95. The drive is simple, ICC to 270, and worth it. The range is nice, the people are nice, and they have RSOs on the line which is nice to see.

+1

elbert

Aug 22, 2013
    here
    How crowded does Machine Gun Nest get?
    NRA Range is by far my favorite, but sometimes having to wait an hour to get a lane gets old

Jun 20, 2017
    How crowded does Machine Gun Nest get?
    NRA Range is by far my favorite, but sometimes having to wait an hour to get a lane gets old

I think it all depends, I usually go on Saturday. Most of the time i get either instantly on or wait 20 mins or less.

I love how NRA is 50 yards it's just such a pain in the ass to get to in traffic.

aklax11

Jan 8, 2015
    How so ?

Not being a smart ass, just wondering what makes it the best in your opinion.

I think its the best because of the relative cheap price for members/non-members, specials available (see date night), and really great staff who are very knowledgeable and helpful in providing a safe, non-overbearing atmosphere.

Like a lot of other ranges, you can shoot past the hour if its not crowded and they have a lot of available shooting rests free of charge. Lastly, pistol ammo is "decently" priced as well (I think approx 15-17 for blazer 9mm/50)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom