• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Remember bullet mfgs design their bullets for specific velocity windows. 300 Win Mag bullets are designed for that expected velocity. 9mm Luger bullets likewise. Jacket bonding/locking/design are very different caliber to caliber.

That is true, but the difference in speed for 9mm in a 4" barrel and a 16" is not enough to make a difference. Usually around 100-300 feet per second. Not enough difference to cause jacket separation.

Additionally, I have used 9mm bullets to reload . 357 during shortages. (With a roll crimp). Nothing bad happened.

Last edited:

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    I shoot .500 S&W magnums in a 18"-barrel carbine with 1 in 24" twist. My BFR revolver 7.5" barrel has a twist rate of 1 in 15". When shooting hand loads from the pistol with 350 grain berries loaded with 40 grains of H110 they average chrono at 1610 fps. When the same round is shot from my lever action carbine, they average chrono at 1791 fps. Depending on powder and load I have had some chrono at 2100 fps from the carbine with HCGC rounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom