• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Now who could possibly be against keeping guns out of the hands of the mentally ill?

This was in Yahoo news yesterday...

Poll: 61% say parents of children with mental health problems should not have gun in home
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout...-not-183945378.html?bcmt_s=m#ugccmt-container

And then today we get this wonderful bunch of BS...

Is half of America really mentally ill at some point? A Yahoo! News chat
    http://news.yahoo.com/is-half-of-am...some-point--a-yahoo--news-chat-141351442.html

Coincidence?
    Clearly after expanding the definition of mental illness and creating several new mental illnesses, if at least half of Americans are mentally ill at some point then they must never be trusted to be around any of those evil guns, right?

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    The mental health industry like psychologists, psychiatrists, and drug companies sure can make a hell of a lot more money if half the people now have a "mental illness", not to mention it could help to pass more gun control laws. Just wait until gun ownership becomes the newest "mental illness".

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    If this is true, then it follows that 50% of our elected officials have a mental illness.

In fact, studies have shown that sociopaths and psychopaths are drawn to positions of power and authority, therefore a higher percentage of politicians, financiers, teachers, and corporate CEO's have these traits, than the general population.

All the more reason for the RKBA.

Tyeraxus

Ultimate Member
    May 15, 2012
    East Tennessee
    This is why I'm hesitant to agree with the "mentally ill should be prohibited persons" line. It's probably MUCH easier to get something added to the DSM than it is to get another prohibited category through Congress or even state legislatures.

OCPD is in the DSM, should somebody that has an overly perfectionist and detail-oriented personality be prohibited? What about anorexics or bulimics?

"Mental illness" is far, far more than just what we think of as 'crazy people.'

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    When I discuss mental illness and guns, I usually say "seriously mentally ill" to distinguish between those with minor conditions and those who are a real danger.

jessebogan

Feb 25, 2012
    Old "Uncle Joe" Stalin used "mental Illness" as a means to remove his opposition. Groundwork being laid here much??

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    So those with children that are mentally ill should have no right to defend themselves. WTF?

That could give criminals another way of knowing which houses to break into. Maybe they could also have those with mentally ill children to post a Gun Free Zone sign in the window.

101combatvet

BANNED!!!
    Dec 7, 2011
    Actually, it is closer to 28% from mild to severe mental disorders. Yes, that is the same percentage as registered democrats.

"As of 2010, Gallup polling found that 31% of Americans identified as Democrats".

Last edited:

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Yup, that 61% Mentally Ill stat is just re-labels Democrats, Liberals, and Communists.

I think you mean that tea partiers, patriots, bitter clingers, republicans, libertarians, conservative, god fearing folk are the new mentally ill; at least in the eyes of our POTUS and gov.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    The mental health industry like psychologists, psychiatrists, and drug companies sure can make a hell of a lot more money if half the people now have a "mental illness", not to mention it could help to pass more gun control laws. Just wait until gun ownership becomes the newest "mental illness".
    Like Reel Big Fish say at their shows "We realized we can make a hell of a lot of money off of pain! Or a slightly humorous song out of mediocre pain and sex between two ladies."

Whatever the reasoning, there is no doubt we are dealin with good vs. evil and we are the righteous.

Vince55

Vince55
    Aug 10, 2010
    Lusby, Md
    And 61 percent of parents said that parents of children with mental health problems should not be allowed to have a gun in their home.
    Tell the 61% of those 1600 that were surveyed to go to hell. My son happens to be autistic and I have a load of guns in my house....all locked safely away in a gun safe and I'm the only one with the combo. The next thing you will hear from the anti-gunners is take guns away from those with a mentally handicapped person/child in the house...........let them try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom