• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    I was at the range last night with my USP Tactical. It was dark in the range and I was having a lot of trouble seeing the sights. They are the stock sights. I do have a suppressor for this so I need tall sights. I ordered the below sights which seem to get good reviews. Is replacing sights something I should take to a gunsmith? I would rather pay than bugger up the slide. What does something like this cost?

USP Tactical Tritium Sights

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    Well, they’re not advertised as “suppressor height”, so get ready to send them back. I was going to refer you to the tall Heinie Straight Eight versions I have on my USP compact .45, but apparently they have been discontinued. Maybe Ameriglo? Those that you are ordering should not work though, I think I had those on my USP before the Heinies. Dawson Precision may be able to help as well

Last edited:

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    Well shit - the reviews say they are suppressor height.

Q: Are these the same height/raised as the stock site for a USP Tactical? (IE will they work with a suppressor)
    A: Yes.
    By Rob in the United States on April 6, 2015
    Q: Is the front sight tall like on the usp tactical so i can see over a supressor?
    A: Indeed it is. I have no issues seeing over the see more
    By Amazon Customer in the United States on February 3, 2022
    Q: Will this sight fit the usp expert and at the same height?
    A: This is a suppressor height front sight
    By Socom45 in the United States on April 30, 2021See other answers
    Q: I have a full size usp 45 this is not a tactical or expert.
    will the sights fit?
    A: It should fit. I believe "tactical," simply refers the standard gun with a threaded barrel and suppressor sights. The cuttings for the sights are the same (I think!).
    By gubgub in the United States on April 1, 2014See other answers
    Q: I just want to replace the front sight and leave stock rear. Would height and width match?
    A: Be aware that the height of this setup is taller to provide clearance for suppressor. If stock rear sight is HK adjustable,then the replacement front sight will be compatible in height and width
    By Wally T in the United States on January 7, 2016See other answers
    Q: Does this really not fit the Full-size 9mm USP models?
    A: The front site is taller for my USP tactical to clear the can ( suppressor ) Most other USP models use standard Hight front site. As for the sites love them.
    By Jeff F. in the United States on November 5, 2014

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    I put in to cancel this. I measured my factory sight height at 9mm and this says it is 7.6mm. It is even lower if you measure from the center of the dot.

Any ideas for a tall night sight?

71jzD+6xmyL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Suppressor height sights are over-rated. You can aim "through" the suppressor with standard sights.
    Some people find that they are easier to acquire when bringing the gun up (Blaster, for one). He's a little nuts though...

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Do they need to be adjustable? It looks to me like there are a lot of options available for suppressor height, but not so much when looking for adjustable sights.

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    I am confused though. This is the sight H&K sells on their websites for the USP Tactical.
    I’m only relating what my results were. I was in the right place at the right time, and snagged a surplus HK USPc 45acp from the Chincoteague Police Department many years ago. I gradually replaced worn springs and changed it to a ambi safety & decocker variant and then added the Meps. They were nice sights, but then when I bought my first can and adapted it with a threaded barrel, the sights were laughably low and yes, as another member mentioned, you can, after a fashion, sight through the can, but if you want to use them as designed, you need something else.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    Do they need to be adjustable? It looks to me like there are a lot of options available for suppressor height, but not so much when looking for adjustable sights.

Nope I don't care about adjustability. I just want to be able to see the sights in low light. I could barely see them at all when shooting yesterday. Maybe those ones I cancelled are the ones to get. I did not see anything else.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Nope I don't care about adjustability. I just want to be able to see the sights in low light. I could barely see them at all when shooting yesterday. Maybe those ones I cancelled are the ones to get. I did not see anything else.
    There does seem to be a bit of a black hole where USP sights are concerned - my Google-fu isn't turning up much either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom