• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hol3shot

Sweet...
    Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena MD
    I'm trying to decide what I should get for my next handgun purchase and need a little help and suggestions since I found a police turn-in H&K that I would like to get, but I'm not sure if they show up pretty often and I can wait.

I can get a H&K USP 9mm police turn in (left hand variant 2 - 1995 model) for ~ $550.
    The M&P run a little more of course.

I have a H&K P2000 that I like a lot, and a USP .45 that I am waiting on the 60 day wait for (bought a couple of guns in the last month or two).

I am going to pick up a M&P 9mm at some point, but I am wondering if I should pick up the H&K since it is the left hand variant I am looking for and it is a police trade in at a good price.

What do you guys think?

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    M&P are more common than a trade in IMHO. If I wanted a specific gun and the chance came along I would be all over it... Just my opinion

4MDGunRights

Gun Totin' Member
    Jul 28, 2009
    Morris Co, New Jersistan
    Buy an H&K and you will be hooked forever, I own 4 H&K pistols. 2 P7 PSPs, 1 USPc 45 and a USP Tactical 45. H&K police trade-ins are normally in pretty nice shape and are reasonably priced.

wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    both great guns, go with whatever feels better in your hand

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Buy the HK. I own several HK pistols and they just always work. one kid I shoot with has a usp9 with the jet funnel and all. only thing i dont like is the LEM trigger. I like Variant 1 (2 if ur lefty) controls. Boss man runs a USP45 tactical and that thing will outshoot most high end 1911s i've owned (true custom guns will do better, but it isnt much!)

I'm debating a usp9sd for kicks (and putting down problems quietly).

Hol3shot

Sweet...
    Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena MD
    Buy an H&K and you will be hooked forever, I own 4 H&K pistols. 2 P7 PSPs, 1 USPc 45 and a USP Tactical 45. H&K police trade-ins are normally in pretty nice shape and are reasonably priced.
    That
    I'm already hooked! After I shot the P2000 that I picked up a couple weeks ago, it quickly became my favorite gun.
    I would get the H&K. Used variant 2's don't come down the pike too often and M&P's are always around.
    That is what I was figuring, that I better get it while the getting is good. I've passed up deals in the past and regretted it.

I emailed Cpl. Cusimano and he said all April Designated Collector applications should be done by next Friday.
    So that should help since I have two H&K's I'm waiting on now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom