• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hol3shot

Sweet...
    Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena MD
    I picked up a .45 USP LH, and a 9mm LH from a place online. They screwed up and didn't let me know there was quite a bit of engraving on the slide and offered me $100 for the mistake. This would bring the price down to $450 for the 9mm.
    Dan @ Gun Connection said that it would be a great shooter and not to worry about it, to which I agree to a certain extent. He also said return shipping would be $50.
    I am picky as a mo-fo though and am thinking about using the $100 to use toward the $50 return shipping (getting another H&K USP 9mm without any engraving on the slide) and picking up a .40 USP variant for $419 ($469 minus the $50 credit).

That way I would end up with 3 H&K USP's in 9mm, .40 S&W, and .45. All Left Hand Variants and police trade-ins.

I really respect the shop I am dealing with, so I have no qualms about giving them more money, especially after they offered to make things right after a little snafu with the 9mm.

I'm just wondering what you guys think about the price on the .40 S&W for $419. Is that a decent price to make it worth it to add to the arsenal even though I wasn't really looking?

I figure it would kill 2 birds with one stone. I would get the 9mm WITHOUT any engraving like I expected and would add an additional gun, even though I'm not big on the .40, I figure I'd try it out for what seems to be a GREAT price. Which would also give them an additional sale which I feel they deserve for the way they treated me with the 9mm snafu.

Comments?

Hol3shot

Sweet...
    Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena MD
    Just curious, what was engraved?

Municipality information I presume. We didn't really look at it. It had 3 lines that I could see. I would assume the department and stuff like that. I was bummed right when I saw it, so I didn't care what it said.

The money isn't an issue, and Friday/Monday my Designated Collector should be in, so I'll probably just call them up tomorrow and see what he thinks about the deal above. I figure what the heck, might as well have the set :)
    The total cost to me would be about 1/2 what the 3 guns would cost new. Plus they are in pretty good shape, including night sights on the .45.

Kais

Mar 20, 2011
    Halethorpe
    That's a very good price for just about any USP. Also police trade-ins tend to be in great shape. It's up to you, but I'd pick up another handgun and diversify the collection a little bit since you already have both the .45 and the 9mm USP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom