• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    I have a different model from Gun Vault, two in fact, and I like it (them). I use them everyday, and they work great so far.

MH

mckraut

Apr 14, 2009
    Abingdon, MD
    I could have sworn Gunvault made some sort of a tower that had room for a pistol and a shotgun in it. Does anyone know what it's called?

Edit: Never mind, I was thinking of the Sentry HDC11E Home Defense Center

HDC11E_b.jpg

ibang1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2011
    Perry Hall
    I don't have that model but the minivault sits by my bed.

I always do a check and open up the vault. But last month, I did have trouble opening it up. I'm sure I punched in the right combination of keys but I ended up needing to reprogram it again.

I hope it was just a fluke.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I've had a regular single-pistol Deluxe model for years. It works great.

I also have a microvault which is a bit disappointing. It's fine for storage and transport, but not really for rapid access. Ergonomically it doesn't work as well, it doesn't spring open, and somehow I get a lot of false entries when I try to open it.

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    I could have sworn Gunvault made some sort of a tower that had room for a pistol and a shotgun in it. Does anyone know what it's called?

HDC11E_b.jpg

I've been eyeing those up for the next house.

MH

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

HDC11E_b.jpg

I've been looking at one of those to put somewhere nice and quiet in my house. Stash the AR/shotgun with a sidearm in there.

tchin

May 15, 2010
    Silver Spring, MD
    i had the microvault which was fine, didnt really like how the buttons were kinda mushy, and not a click type button. I upgraded that to the minivault biometric which is ok too. But, i just got the speedvault biometric, and that thing is great. The new biometic is so easy, just a very quick swipe and it opens really fast. Unlike, the minivault where you have to keep your finger still, and after it reads the fingerprint, there is a slight delay to open.

Mrlogs

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 20, 2012
    Brooklyn Park
    Got mine on Amazon for $225..installed it today..I got the Biometric (opens with fingerprint swipe) version..Costs more than the button version..

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    I wish you guys luck, but at the risk if looking like a jerk, you might want to see the Gunvault fail videos on Youtube. Have not seen this model tho.

zmayhem

Feb 2, 2012
    All of the GunVault's I have seen use the tubular locks that the video I linked to above demonstrates how easy they are to bypass with no skill at all. Not trying to slam that product specifically, just putting the information out there to help you make an informed decision. I believe the safe that he can't easily crack at the end of the video is around the same price as the one you linked to also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom