GUNSTRUCTION (Build your AR before you actually buy it)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    There is a website that uses 3D rendering that allows you to design your AR (very easily) before you buy it so you can get an idea on how it's going to look.

It has a ton of real parts from real manufactures and you pretty much just drag and drop them. They obviously won't have every part but you can at least get an idea with using a similar part.

After you build the rifle, you can paint it and take pictures of it. You can save up to 3 builds at a time.

The website is sponsored by AR15.com and it is:

http://www.ar15.com/gunstruction/

I thought it would be cool to start a picture thread with our creations. You can build something practical or you can completely go off the chart Tacticool.

Here is the one I did in three different colors. I'm trying to figure out which color I want on my current build so I just wanted to see what they would look like.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Forgot to add that this is still very new and they are adding stuff every week. They are also working on Android and iOS apps. This is a great way to pass the time.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I played around with that early on, but it was not that user friendly. I will have to try it again. Just from the quality of those builds and photos it looks like they have come a long way.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    I played around with that early on, but it was not that user friendly. I will have to try it again. Just from the quality of those builds and photos it looks like they have come a long way.

Adding the accessories can be a little tricky. Sometimes you have to flip the rifle in order to attach the accessory.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Feb 28, 2013
    I couldn't get it to work. I downloaded and installed the player but it still wouldn't work.

What a piece of shit. Apparently it doesn't like Windows 7.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    I couldn't get it to work. I downloaded and installed the player but it still wouldn't work.

What a piece of shit. Apparently it doesn't like Windows 7.

I don't think that's it. The program itself isn't very optimized though and it will tax out on board video.

Sent with a Gen 2 Nexus 7

Feb 28, 2013
    After installing the player, the message remains saying "unity player needed", even after refreshing the browser.:wtf:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom