• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RugerFan

Jul 18, 2013
    Silver Spring
    Wondering if people can recommend a good gunsmith, as close to Silver Spring as possible, who can look over my Remington 1100 that has a few issues.

Though I bought a rifle there, I've heard mixed things about Atlantic Guns in this regard, and was wondering about what other options may be.

Thanks-
    RF

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Atlantic Guns
    Bonifont St
    Silver spring, Md. 301-585-4448. Open until 8 pm thurs and fri night
    Been in Business for 65 years
    Take it in and see Steve Schneider the owner or
    Dale, Joel or Carl and tell them a ******* that now lives in Indiana that has too many Coopers asks for them to be nice to you.
    And please let me know if they treat you badly because I will call Steve's mom on him.

And if that does not work for you take it up to Scottys Gunsmithing in Glen Burnie.

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    I am sorry to say that if you have a problem with Steve Schneider i cannot call his Wonderful mom, Because I was just informed that she passed away last week and her funeral was Saturday. She was a awesome woman. So if you have any problems I just go poke him in the eye and tell the world about what really happened at the Shot Show in 1986. Coopermania

Mendozaco

Dec 5, 2013
    Rockville, MD
    Don't do it. Don't go to Atlantic Guns. The customer services is poor and not worth the time. I left a rifle for basic cleaning and safety status and it took 3 1/2 weeks for the service. The day I picked up the Rifle I asked for comments regarding safety of the item and received no answer. The old man cared the less to provide me the info which I paid for. $80 out of my pocket and I felt that I was doing him a favor. I guess they are making tuns of money that they care less about treating their customer with respect. After that I used the shop in Rockville next to Giant on Rockville pike by Montgomery College. I took my 1903 A03 and received a great service with a bit of history about my rifle. You be your own judge. This is my personal opinion about Atlantic customer service or lack off.

aquashooter

Apr 17, 2013
    Monkey Co
    The Rockville smith is at the Silver Spring store. Except for minor adjustments, Rockville transfers work to the Silver Spring location.

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Don't do it. Don't go to Atlantic Guns. The customer services is poor and not worth the time. I left a rifle for basic cleaning and safety status and it took 3 1/2 weeks for the service. The day I picked up the Rifle I asked for comments regarding safety of the item and received no answer. The old man cared the less to provide me the info which I paid for. $80 out of my pocket and I felt that I was doing him a favor. I guess they are making tuns of money that they care less about treating their customer with respect. After that I used the shop in Rockville next to Giant on Rockville pike by Montgomery College. I took my 1903 A03 and received a great service with a bit of history about my rifle. You be your own judge. This is my personal opinion about Atlantic customer service or lack off.

Interesting, Two posts and people should take your advice ?. I guarantee that with the hundreds of years worth of firearm knowledge within the employees of Atlantic Guns that you are full of shit. They have been in business over 60 years and being run by the second generation family members. They understand and know the firearm business inside and out.How about you post a copy of your service ticket and prove you even had a firearm serviced there ?. My guess is your a Troll.

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    Interesting, Two posts and people should take your advice ?. I guarantee that with the hundreds of years worth of firearm knowledge within the employees of Atlantic Guns that you are full of shit. They have been in business over 60 years and being run by the second generation family members. They understand and know the firearm business inside and out.How about you post a copy of your service ticket and prove you even had a firearm serviced there ?. My guess is your a Troll.

I don't know the guy you're commenting on- ive got a few more posts than him to. My overall experience there has been poor. The experiences are based on three occasions, where my overall impression is of you're not a part of the good olé boys club, they treated you as though they are doing you a favor. I'm sure everyone's money will vary with every shop, IP or not, gun related or not. This is just my honest opinion of my customer/business interaction while I was there.

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    No Matt I don't know him either, Let's just see if he can backup what he is saying with paperwork. I am sorry you had bad experiences with Atlantic, Have you ever though about stopping in at the Silver Spring store and speaking to Steve Schneider and telling him about your personal experiences with his business ?. Or if you were going to the Rockville store talk to Bill or Bob Schneider.
    But I will also say I am biased because I have known those boys for a long time. Do they have a good old boys club ? Of course they do Matt, Every gun store has one, Its the nature of the beast. So go forth and stop in your local Gun store and become part of their club and you to, Can be invited to the friends and family sale the night before the general public.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I've been an occasional customer at Atlantic, in both locations, for some 30 years or so. Not so often that they roll out the carpet for me, not so infrequently that they don't recognise my face.

I've never had bad service from them. I've had to wait sometimes for repairs, but I understand that there's only so much a gunsmith can do in 8 hours, and that the shop has other customers than me.

On one occasion, I had just been informed that failed recoil buffers in HK P9S pistols can cause serious problems. I'd had one of these pistols for a long time, but knew nothing about recoil buffers. Bought a couple replacements of the internet, then decided to let a professional undertake the replacement, as it seemed to require three hands, and my two only count for maybe 1.5 at best.

Took it to Atlantic, expecting to leave it for a month or so. They did it on the spot, told me my original buffer would probably last another 20 years, but put the new one in anyway. No charge.

No charge, while-you-wait service.

Anyone who badmouths this place is no friend of mine.

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    My 2 cents...

Of all the shops I like Scott's the most, granted its a bit of a drive but I think the service beats out everyone in the area especially when Chad worked on your firearm.

Also Engage has provided me great gunsmith service and the wait was not long at all. Actually when I brought them a bunch of parts they built up my 300 blk rifle it took about a week.

I will say the problem that I have seen with Atlantic Rockville/ Silver Spring is there are many people in the store (customers) who know very little about guns which is fine but you have issues like people sweeping you with a muzzle when handling guns or just people who argue when they don't understand... Case in point a customer in the Rockville store was going off on the person behind the counter because he was sold a new gun that had been fired before. Trying to explain the state needed a casing was beyond this person and he got even madder. So with that said I have seen those guys really get worn down after a day of low information customers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom