• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    DEA Releases New Drug Overdose Death Figures: Guns Safer than Prescription Drugs
    http://wearechange.org/dea-releases...h-figures-guns-safer-than-prescription-drugs/
    For all those concerned parents who think little Johnny is likely to get gunned down on the street would be better advised to keep tabs on their prescription painkillers, as Johnny is far more likely to die from popping those than from any gun in your house or in the hands of a school mate.

And, of course, one is almost three times as likely to die in an auto accident (death rate of 10.7 per 100,000) than as a result of a homicide.

Moreover, nothing listed here is even in the top ten of causes of death in the US. You’re much, much more likely to die from suicide, or “influenza and pneumonia”than anything listed above.

Full Disclosure: These are 2013 numbers.

kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011

Attachments

• CDC.PNG
      CDC.PNG
      4.6 KB · Views: 245
    Last edited:

kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011
    Here is another stat using WISQARS.

I chose violent death, homicide, all relationships to suspect, all firearms, 2013, MD, all races, all ethnicity, all sex, and really default ALL for the remaining categories.

Attachments

• MD Firearm per CDC.PNG
      MD Firearm per CDC.PNG
      4.8 KB · Views: 203

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick

Pablopac

pablopac
    Aug 7, 2012
    1. Drugs have always been a higher death count than guns of any type, as have cars.
    2. As of Aug 2015 the most common cause of death in the 18-24 year old age group is now drug OD. It now surpasses auto accidents.
    3. If medical errors and Drug OD are added together, they were #4 as of 4 years ago. Given the fact that drug OD is now #1, I suspect the total remains #1.
    4. You are safer hunting, shooting or carrying than you are sick, getting medical advice or being hospitalized.
    5. I had to do some presentations and research on this for work (Emergency Medicine). So the final tidbit is that most of the significant medical errors are in July and August, when the med schools and residency programs start seeing patients!

Stay well, Stay armed, Stay OUT!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    1. Drugs have always been a higher death count than guns of any type, as have cars. 2. As of Aug 2015 the most common cause of death in the 18-24 year old age group is now drug OD. It now surpasses auto accidents. 3. If medical errors and Drug OD are added together, they were #4 as of 4 years ago. Given the fact that drug OD is now #1, I suspect the total remains #1. 4. You are safer hunting, shooting or carrying than you are sick, getting medical advice or being hospitalized. 5. I had to do some presentations and research on this for work (Emergency Medicine). So the final tidbit is that most of the significant medical errors are in July and August, when the med schools and residency programs start seeing patients! Stay well, Stay armed, Stay OUT!

Drug OD's are due to human error. Often on the part of the patient. In the 18-24 year old group, these are not kids who didn't show up to church because they took bad antibiotics.

Saying you are safer hunting than you are getting medical advice or being hospitalized is a little misleading. People going hunting are healthy, in general. Sick people and hospitalized people often have life threatening issues.

In 17 years of being a physician, I have only seen 1 death due to medical error. 1.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    So, for every 1 homicide with a gun, there are 3 drug overdose deaths, right?

And then "they" keep saying that after billions of dollars and countless lives wasted in prosecutions, we've lost the war on drugs, so we should decriminalize them. But re-direct society to focus on guns.

And "they" say we're paranoid about them wanting to take away our guns?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom