• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDNavyVet

Mar 25, 2013
    PG County
    Caught this on Vice News regarding the current gun restrictions in place there along with the amount of crime. Final part discusses how the NRA has recently opened a branch there.

[YT]47gxjk6U5CQ[/YT]

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Wait a minute....just watched the video did he say a chip that makes semi auto pistols go full auto?

Maybe one of those drop in backplates for the Glock that makes it select fire.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/07/22/great-lakes-tacticals-glock-giggle-switch/

Edit: I just watched to that point and it is something like that. Various manufacturers do make them around the world, and as I understand it, they are quite popular in the Philippines. It would not be hard for the criminals in Puerto Rico to make their own or smuggle in a few from outside the US.

MDNavyVet

Mar 25, 2013
    PG County
    Much like MD is too. I heard (here I think) it takes like a year or more to even OWN a gun on the island.

13:53 into the video they describe how its harder to own a gun in Puerto Rico than anywhere else in the U.S. and then detail the many hurdles one must take just to own a gun legally. This leads to the portion of the video where it describes the NRA's efforts to help change the gun laws in Puerto Rico.

Rivera

Dec 26, 2009
    They make you jump thru a lot of hoops, and spend lost of money. Hey at the end of the day its way better than MD at least if your willing to spend the money and you have all your records clean you will be able to have a CC permit.
    I lived in Puerto Rico for 27 years the funny thing is that I never gut into the hobby do to how expensive it was to even posses a gun for target shooting.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    Much like MD is too. I heard (here I think) it takes like a year or more to even OWN a gun on the island.

Nope it's not like Maryland which is still may issue. The PR Supreme Court ruled that shall issue is a right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom