• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • houserocker

Guero Loco
    Jan 14, 2008
    Laurel, DE
    Does any one know where to find the current issue of Guns&Ammo Surplus Firearms magazine? I have the last issue w/ the Gibbs 1903A4 on the cover, marked "Display until Oct. 31, 2009. I really need to find somewhere to order the current issue, and back issues as well.

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    I haven't seen any other than the 1903A4 issue (which has resided in my bathroom since summer). Even at the Ft. Meade PX, they're still displaying this one.

Superreverb

Aug 29, 2009
    Western HoCo
    Is this the one you're looking for?

IMG_0005.JPG

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Guns and Ammo publishes a couple different monthly and bi-monthly mags in addition to their main brand there is Handguns, Rifle shooter, Shooting times, and Shotgun News. Then there are quarterly mags like Tactical something or other (combat tactical or tactical arms?) and a few annual mags or special mags like Handloading the Complete book of the 1911, AR, AK, Surplus, and so on. If they are popular, some of the mags that are special editions become annual mags like the book of the 1911, others that are annual may become quarterly or bi-mnthly, and others may be released monthly, IIRC the Handguns mag was only a quarterly mag a few years ago, then bi-monthly, and now it might be monthly. If you like the Surplus special, then e-mail them telling them, and hopefully it becomes a regular mag if there is enough interest

houserocker

Guero Loco
    Jan 14, 2008
    Laurel, DE
    Is this the one you're looking for?

IMG_0005.JPG
    Yeah, I have that one, and an earlier one titled "The Guns of D-Day". Some of the articles are kinda hack jobs, but many of the firearms test are written by Paul Scarlata and Garry James, who both do a great job with facts and bench tests.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The illistrated issue is on the shelves at all the usual places. It is a special edition, not sure if annual or semiannual.
    I used to read Petersen's Handguns from the very beginning . But it declined over the years until I dropped subscription, and rarely purchased. What little of intrest other than Walt Rauch's coloum I could read standing at the rack. Eventually dropped back to bimonthly , admiting they couldn't come up with enough quality product for monthly.
    Latest editor , Pat Sweeny, is a good writer himself, looking to see how much he can turn it around. Have current subscripition only because it was on special for the price of dirt.
    On the other hand, American Handgunner is outstanding, far superior in every way. Take the effort to find on the news stand, or subscribe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom