• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Bob is trying to get firearms out the door as fast as possible.
    He is not waiting for MSP but he is on a First In -First Out situations. He is calling people to pick up. He has a huge back log he is working hard to clear out.

He as brought in extra people and put in extra hours to get firearms out before 10/1.

Chris

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    WTF I've driven by them a million times and never knew they were there until I googled them just now. I'll check them out tomorrow on my day off!

aquashooter

Apr 17, 2013
    Monkey Co
    Unless they changed, they definitely don't believe in early release. It took my buddy months to pick up a .45 acp from them when everybody else was doing early releases. They kept saying that they wouldn't release unless MSP stated in writing that they could early release.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    They changed because the ATF finally gave a policy to cover the MSP early release. Before then everyone was just guessing when the MSP was actually doing the NICS. So the ATF finally told them what to put on the Fed paperwork. Bob has been in business for over 25 years. He is not some fly-by-night gunstore popping up in the last several years. One of those places where you don't know whether they are doing things correct or not.
    And yes the MSP didn't actually say you could early release only what to do if you could. More of the "not disapproved" nonsense. So if the ATF came after the FFLs for doing it wrong then the MSP could say that they did not actually tell them they could early release. Knowing how cagy the MSP and MD government was over the years most of the long time dealers refused to do early releases until they were on firmer gound.

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    They changed because the ATF finally gave a policy to cover the MSP early release. Before then everyone was just guessing when the MSP was actually doing the NICS. So the ATF finally told them what to put on the Fed paperwork. Bob has been in business for over 25 years. He is not some fly-by-night gunstore popping up in the last several years. One of those places where you don't know whether they are doing things correct or not.
    And yes the MSP didn't actually say you could early release only what to do if you could. More of the "not disapproved" nonsense. So if the ATF came after the FFLs for doing it wrong then the MSP could say that they did not actually tell them they could early release. Knowing how cagy the MSP and MD government was over the years most of the long time dealers refused to do early releases until they were on firmer gound.

This is correct.
    From what I understand the goal is to have all possible firearms in the hands of the owners before Oct. 1st. They are calling people for pick up.
    There is a huge backlog and they are releasing the oldest first... so wait for a call if you have one in limbo... it is coming... soon. :)

Sewer Rat

Ultimate Member
    I was there last Saturday to start the paperwork on my two last purchases prior to Oct 1st..... just because I heard he was on the 8 day release... imagine my surprise at 2PM I was the 32nd person to sign in, and two hours later we finally started the paperwork.... lot of people came in, signed in, and then left after a bit....

All I know is that next Saturday, I should be able to pick up my toys.... and here I was fully expecting it to be much later.. happy happy happy

MDlocal

Jan 11, 2013
    Frederick
    Really wish I hadn't seen one of the helper guys be totally rude and offensive to a customer the first time I was in there. Guy was a total asshat. If it had been me he was talking to I would've told him to go F himself, but, I just shook my head and left without buying anything and haven't been back since which sucks because I had heard such good things before I went in. But nobody who employs such a douche like that gets my money.

boss66tcode

a bit of an Eddie Haskle
    Sep 8, 2008
    in 'da hills
    You should talk to the owner. Everytime I have he's been very reasonable. He needs to know if his employee is getting out of hand. Its a decent enough shop he deserves to know before his business suffers.

scottp999

Feb 11, 2008
    Really wish I hadn't seen one of the helper guys be totally rude and offensive to a customer the first time I was in there. Guy was a total asshat. If it had been me he was talking to I would've told him to go F himself, but, I just shook my head and left without buying anything and haven't been back since which sucks because I had heard such good things before I went in. But nobody who employs such a douche like that gets my money.

I think I know who you are referring to. Yes, that person belongs in the backroom activities and no customer contact. Might be a nice person outside of the shop, but interaction with customers is horrible. Felt like I was in the Gun Center (which has a couple of people who have no customer service skills) instead of Gunrunners.

Smokescreen

Knight who say Ni
    Feb 9, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Just left. Cool shop but high prices.
    About half of what is in the shop is on consignment so the prices are set by the seller and not him.

As for the shop owned items, most are at or below MSRP from what I have seen. You will not see internet prices, but seem good enough for me (factoring in transfer fee, shell casing, supporting a LGS).

I would definitely tell Bob (gray ponytail) if you have an issue with any of the staff. There really isn't a storeroom (unless you count the bathroom) so there isn't anywhere for him to hide staff.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    About half of what is in the shop is on consignment so the prices are set by the seller and not him.

As for the shop owned items, most are at or below MSRP from what I have seen. You will not see internet prices, but seem good enough for me (factoring in transfer fee, shell casing, supporting a LGS).

I would definitely tell Bob (gray ponytail) if you have an issue with any of the staff. There really isn't a storeroom (unless you count the bathroom) so there isn't anywhere for him to hide staff.

I didn't realize some that stuff was on consignment, but if I owned a gun shop I'd be reluctant to accept stuff at the prices displayed there. $2,850 for a Colt LE6920 SOCOM? C'mon. After seeing that I knew I was leaving empty handed. There was a really nice Swiss K31, so nice I think the stock has been sanded and nicely refinished, for $675. That is really high too. The staff did not display any bad customer service, they seemed cool enough but I didn't interact with them much.

Xander

Dec 6, 2010
    Bob's prices are outstanding - so outstanding that everything has sold out and he is mostly stocked with consignment, even on ammo. Everyone at that store has always treated me real nice, and if anyone had a problem there, I would send Bob a short email. there are a lot of stores between where I live and Gunrunners, but I still choose them for almost everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom