• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DonS

Feb 28, 2018
    Anyone have suggestions for gun stores in PA that have a good selection of handgun mags? Could not find it in a search.

Todd S

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2012
    Glen Rock, PA
    Reddings Hardware in Gettysburg. Shyda's in Lancaster has a great selection, but depending where you are located, they can be a haul. The Gun Bunker in Shrewsbury, but they will be more expensive than Freedom. W E Sell in Hanover, though they don't have a great selection. Harrisburg Gun Show is this coming weekend. Oaks in Philly is the following weekend.

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    You may consider calling one of the places and see if they'll just order what you need. So then you can go up and pay or if they'll let you make one trip and pay upon pick up.

LexiGold

Sep 1, 2022
    Eastern Shore
    I was in Wilmington recently and stopped by Targetmaster on 202 right across the Delaware/PA line and picked up a couple 33rd glock mags.
    Id call before you go there if you are looking for something specific but the place seemed well stocked with a good selection, the employees knowledgeable and helpful.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    A long haul, but Cabelas in Hamburg usually has craptons of magazines. Big selection and big inventory of them, not just one or two usually. I usually go to Freedom Armory as I drive right past it going to and coming home from work. The selection isn’t always that great, unless all you need is PMags and Glock 17 or 19 mags. Usually lots of Sig mags too (except the damn 15 round P365XL mags I’ve still been unable to find).

Edit: Squaregrouper reminded me....Cabelas is mighty far from the MD border, no MD Line tax / upcharge there.

Last edited:

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    The way I've a quite std cap mags in the past, was to attend gun shows in PA. I bought a pretty good number some years back in Gettysburg and Harrisburg.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Depends on the mags you need, and what part of PA is closest. For sig or GLOCK mags, Atlantic Tactical in New Cumberland has unbeatable pricing. For most others, we have a few, closer to the MD line, and the prices get stupid.

ZeroCool

Nov 8, 2006
    New PA Resident...
    I can't remember the name, but there is one in South Hanover Pa, across the road from the Sheetz.
    Hanover Custom Firearms. I know this because I recently moved to PA and live about a mile from there now.

Great little shop with great people working there (used them for a transfer). They also had some great deals on specific items for black Friday.

That said, they are small and do not have what I would call a large selection of anything. The mags I did see were closer to MSRP pricing. Not sure if they are negotiable...

There is a Rural King a few miles further north on Baltimore Pike. They have a decent selection of mags for popular models but again, usually around MSRP.

There are a few smaller shops in the Hanover area that I haven't gotten around to yet. Redding Hardware store in Gettysburg is a pretty awesome place with lots of firearms inventory. I did not specifically check out the mags while I was there but wouldn't be surprised if they had a good selection. Even if not, you will probably still enjoy the visit.

DonS

Feb 28, 2018
    Thank you all. thinking about going to the York show in March 24. I really liked that one and I can wait.

Spaceballs

Sep 7, 2022
    Pennsylvania
    The Gun Bunker in Shrewsbury...recommend everyone stop there at least once just to take in all the awesome
    What awesomeness?

The high prices?

The rude (and unknowledgeable) service?

That is the closest gun store to me and I will gladly drive to literally anywhere else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom