• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I don't go to them anymore. Anything I can buy at the gun show, I can get cheaper online. I admit it's sometimes fun looking for cheap oddball stuff to impulse buy, but it's just not enough for me to feel like I want to deal with the parking, admission, and crowds.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I don't go to them anymore. Anything I can buy at the gun show, I can get cheaper online. I admit it's sometimes fun looking for cheap oddball stuff to impulse buy, but it's just not enough for me to feel like I want to deal with the parking, admission, and crowds.

One way to look at it is you attend even a small, otherwise poor gun show but you find the one thing you've been looking for that's taken years...it was a great gun show.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I attend all of them. What I found with vendors like our own @FFBWMD is that he’s there to move product. A lot of others seem to be there to show their stuff and hope they find a sucker, dragging the same old crap from show to show and not having fresh inventory.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    The MD antique arms show is really a museum for sale. It’s cool even if you’re not a history nerd.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    -I think about this subject frequently as I've been in the gun collecting field for a long period and have seen it change along with the times. IMHO there are 3 things driving the downsizing of gunshows...
    1.) The collapse of the military surplus market.
    2.) Definitely in the case of MD a hostile business environment.
    3.) The internet.
    I think that's it in a nutshell. But I would say don't give up hope. Like I said; you just never know when we'll show up and see something we like and buy it.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I think one thing that might make the shows more attractive is if they had a better choice of food for lunch; like a few food trucks. IDK maybe I am the only one who keeps thinking of his stomach.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Varys from venue to venue .

Didn't this weekend , but Fredrick usually has a food truck . Pre covid , the in house grill had good food .

Bel Air VFW will have food truck . plus their own grill . Jarrettsville q VFW has their own grill operation .

Nations Gun Show has expected mediocre overpriced snack bars , but has several adjacent restaurants , including Willards BBQ a short walk away .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom