• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gov2mod

May 1, 2009
    Gun Show May 16-17, 2009 at the Nur Temple just north of the intersection of Rt40 and Rt13 in New Castle, Delaware. Just south of Hooter's restaurant.

Nur Temple
    198 South DuPont Highway
    New Castle, DE 19720

There are about 80+ tables, hours are Sat 9-5, Sun 9-3, tables are $35. Please contact me to reserve a table. Here is a link for the online flyer and you can email me for any other information.

http://www.geocities.com/gunshowadds/gunshows?200824?200928

anaberration

May 3, 2009
    Delaware
    Anyone been to this show previously ? My wife says I need a hobby, soooooo..... I really want to find a Mosin. Maybe a 91/30 or a Finn. ? Any idea what may be available from previous/current shows ? I know ammo is out of sight. I read on a different site there was more beanie babies and knives than guns at the previous shows ? Hope not, darn there are only 2 shows a year here in Delaware. Well any help will be appreciated ! Planning on being an hour early on Saturday, hope thats early enough. Like your website by the way.

Mossyoak

Never enough
    Jan 5, 2009
    Ceciltucky
    gov2mod, show going to be any different than most of the last few yrs? Just got to be honest it hasnt been the show it use to be years ago.

jkb21921

Oct 2, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    When I was there in the fall on Sunday, It wasn't crowded, you could walk around and look at things. I've only been to a few shows, so I don't have much to compare it to. It was smaller and less crowded then the show at Bel Air.

gov2mod

May 1, 2009
    I've been helping with the advertising the last few years and it's been getting a little better each show. The fall show is usually better than spring as with all gun shows but with the current political climate I think it should be good this month as well. The biggest problem we have is Delaware is such a small state that we don't have that many gun dealers left in Delaware. So, if any of you want a table or tables at the show please contact me. No beanie babies though.

anaberration

May 3, 2009
    Delaware
    Please dont take offense about the beanie baby and knives thing, just little to no info available on past shows here in Delaware and saw that comment on a totally different site. You are certainly correct about the dealers. Dealers my family knew from years of business have sold out or moved on and "some folks" shy away from guns lke they have swine flu. We have become a "services industry state" banking and credit card companies and such. I am sure I will enjoy the show. I hope it's a sell out on tables. Any one gonna be selling jerky there ? I've talked to about 10-12 family members about attending. They wife and I cant wait to attend.

gov2mod

May 1, 2009
    Anaberration, no offense taken. There used to be a jerky table but I think he moved to Florida. I wish he would come back it was hot and spicy! Stop and say hi, I'm at the first tables to the right of the door.

gov2mod

May 1, 2009
    If any of you send me your email address I will put it on my online flyer list for this gun show and I'll send it out before each show. NO ONE else will get your email address as I won't share it with anyone.

anaberration

May 3, 2009
    Delaware
    Hope to see you at the show tomorrow

If I can remember I'll post some of what I see at the show. Oh of course if I find my 1st Mosin also, I'll post some pics. I hear cosmoline tastes better than vegamite, cant wait to try it on toast.:lol2:

gov2mod

May 1, 2009
    anaberration, what are you looking for in a Moisen Nagant rifle? Anything special, just a shooter, or what?

gov2mod

May 1, 2009
    mvee, that's correct. If you are going north on Rt13 it's right after the Audio Jam car stereo place. If you see Hooter's you went too far.

05dodgedaytona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2009
    Cecil County
    Went to the show this afternoon. It wasn't crowded at all. Got there around 1 pm. We stopped by Texas Roadhouse first for lunch. They had a decent selection of guns. There was some over priced Mosin's there. There was a couple of nice SKS's there for what I thought was a decent price. There wasn't very much ammo there at all. We did manage to get our hands on some American Eagle 9MM. I will definately go to this show again.

anaberration

May 3, 2009
    Delaware
    Honest dealer at the show!

Wow, what fun. Well wife and I got there at 8:25am, we were 9th in line. Doors opened on time and they had a line 50 people deep. Gov2mod earlier had told me he was at the 1st tables to the right. I went right. I'm thinking Mosin, Mosin and Mosin. I see ammo, shotguns, Sks and a "huge" revolver and what looks like a Spainish issue bolt action and Mauser and an M44. I latched onto the M44. I told my wife hold this with a death grip, I'll brb. I circled the whole place in less than 2 minutes. By then 50 more people where rushing to the revolvers and the largest ammo stack. I found just one 91/30, nothing special, 1942 marked, Izzy, no SA marks, matched bolt and receiver, price $200. Yikes! I hustle back over to Gov2mods' table and the wife hands me the M44. Hungarian 1953, stamped matching receiver and bolt (nice), I check the bore with my light and wow! Shiny, very, very nice lands and nice grooves. I see 02 stamped on all parts and a Polish OW in a diamond on the stock. I ask the guy behind the table " You have any Mosin's?" He asks " Do I know you from this site?" Well we shook hands and he told me he had checked a Mosin he wanted to bring for me but it has a damaged barrel and he wouldnt sell that to anyone knowing it. Honest, I like that! We closed the deal on the M44 and a coupla bags of ammo for it,I think I got the better deal. We handed over the money and we accidentally handed over $10 too much and Gov2mod ( I now call him Honest John) handed back the extra. Damn honest again! Well I sent 2 more customers to him and they bought also. Wow they was a heck of alot of space to walk and alot to see, we stayed 2 1/2 hours. Thanks "Honest John" for a sweet deal.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Attachments

• DCAM0062.JPG
      DCAM0062.JPG
      39.4 KB · Views: 139
    • DSCF1087.jpg
      DSCF1087.jpg
      118.8 KB · Views: 136
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members