• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SonicBlue

NRA RSO
    Nov 25, 2009
    Leonardtown
    Talk about taking things out of context!..............I was so outraged at CBS News that I issued a complaint pointing out how they intentionally spun this on TV this morning. The segment teaser said, "Pro-gun activists interrupt father of slain Sandy Hook victim during his testimony". Then when you see the video everyone is respectfully silent when he challenges the audience as to why anyone needs and AR-15. Still everyone is respectfully silent until he looked back at the audience and sad "I didn't think so". At that point some answered him. WTH??

Edit: Finally found the video, make up your own mind (fast forward to 13:30): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvT9peqTM5E Then compare to the edited videos of the lefty sites. It's sad, truly.

A Blogger in Seattle made the same observation: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/01/29/1183022/-Newtown-hecklers-taken-out-of-context-Seriously

The CBS news article has a similar biased spin: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57566406/gun-rights-advocates-shout-at-newtown-victims-dad/

"A handful of people at the packed legislative hearing then shouted about their Second Amendment rights when Heslin asked if anyone could provide a reason for a civilian to own an assault-style weapon."

No!! It was only AFTER he said "I didn't think so!!"

The comments section proves it accomplished the desired horror to incite the anti-gun mob.

Huffington Post claimed he was "heckled" other outlets conveniently edited the video to leave the desired impression: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...kle-father-of-child-killed-at-Sandy-Hook.html

PLUS, they didn't balance the segment with the Mattiolli testimony where he claimed more gun laws were not the answer.

I know CBS news is leftist but this was ridiculously sensationalized and biased. I told them they were professional journalist in name only.

I tell you this is a hard battle when it feels like the majority of the media trolls are willing to lie and demonize responsible gun owners. It's hard to have a voice without being unfairly portrayed as tinfoil hatters at every turn.

And now for a little Inspiration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtZjUcze-k0&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

Eviljagtech

Infected w/ Freedom
    Jan 24, 2010
    Harpers Ferry, WV
    I'm going to put my tin foil hat and say something crazy. The news isn't fair or balanced and is setup to bring in the most money be showing and running stories that they think people will watch. Fox News is right wing, and everyone else is trying to get the left wing watchers.

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    We've got to get this rebuttled in the MSM. It'd be hard, but MSNBC clarified their "creative" editing on the George Zimmerman tape.

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    We've got to get this rebutted in the MSM. It'd be hard, but MSNBC clarified their "creative" editing on the George Zimmerman tape.

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I watched that segment. I was red in the face. I understand the man lost a son, but he was the heckler. He is testifying, its not an open forum and respecting the forum means any question is rhetorical. He knew that and used it to his advantage when pro 2A respected the mans testimony. I'm glad they spoke out, but maybe should use a different approach than "shall not be infringed". We know thats not what the grabbers want to hear and it fuels their bs crusade.

Kimerazor

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2011
    "FEE state"
    The people who run the MSM are elitists who want to be some of the few that "rule" the people. This was done in Russia, except their media was born from the Communist Party & not melded into it like ours.

The sheeple know little about history & other parts of the world, so they believe what is told to them. Others may only have access to CBS, NBC, or ABC news and believe what they see. "If it's on TV, it has to be true."

We must educate the masses one at a time. On Sunday during Fix's "America's Newsroom", the male anchor said '...clips with 10 rounds that can fire in one second...' WTH about is he referring????

I find that calm explanation goes a long way.

NRA Life Member
    SAF Life Member
    GRRN Supporter

Kimerazor

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2011
    "FEE state"
    Limiting the capacity of magazine to stop someone from shooting someone is equivalent to limiting the capacity of a car's fuel tank to stop drunk driving.

NRA Life Member
    SAF Life Member
    GRRN Supporter

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    We've got to get this rebuttled in the MSM. It'd be hard, but MSNBC clarified their "creative" editing on the George Zimmerman tape.

Of course it was NBC and the MSM that rigged gas tanks to explode and introduced forged documents right before an election. This is right out of the Communist parties plan for America from the 1920's. They control the media and the schools. These are Domestic Enemies that will stop at nothing. Look at F&F if they had not been caught what would the media be saying? This is the next big step just like Dunblane was in the UK. They will never stop until this once great experiment in freedom is whiped from history.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Limiting the capacity of magazine to stop someone from shooting someone is equivalent to limiting the capacity of a car's fuel tank to stop drunk driving.

That would make a GREAT bumper sticker!

"Stop Drunk Driving - Limit Gas Tanks to 10 Gallons!"

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    He's a slack jawed tragedy troll. Anyone willing to exploit their dead child to achieve a political goal is trash. I'm sure Piers Morgan can't wait to have him as a guest. Absolutely sickening!

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    100% in agreement here....but...thjis is what the mass media is living on. When the President whines about Fox news, you would THINK the public would pay attention. Not happening, unfortunately. I actually listened to a young Dem Pollster on Fox the other night say that Fox was responsible for getting folks spun up on the national debt, "which really isn't that big of an issue". Serously!!!!?????

bjmsam

The Skeptic

chucks

Sep 30, 2010
    Learned way back in college that he who controls the media, controls the population.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom