• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Erno86

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2012
    Marriottsville, Maryland
    If you deer hunt Green Ridge...try to stay out of brushy area's. Don't volunteer to strange hunter's --- that you want to chase a wounded deer out of a brushy area; like I was foolish enough to do.
    I went up that brushy ridge --- one opening day --- too spook what they told me was a wounded buck that was shot in the throat. You could plainly hear the deer's raspy breathing.

Sure enough...I spooked the wounded deer out of the brushy area, and one of those two hunter's started shooting bullets over my head. I went belly first to the ground when I heard the SNAP SNAP of the two bullets whizzing over my head.

I heard one of the two hunters shout "Don't shoot!!! Don't shoot!!! He's right below the deer!!!".

Turns out...it wasn't a buck, but a doe that he was shooting at illegally. He must have killed the deer, and they secretly dragged the doe to be stuffed in the trunk of there car. I just hoped that the DNR had set up a roadblock --- as they usually do --- to check out for any illegal kills.

One hunter was shot and killed up Green Ridge...when a bullet hit behind the tree he was sitting up against ---with the bullet entering just inside the inner bark, travelling halfway in a semi circle and exiting out into the hunter's back.

SS396

Forum LEO whipping post
    Aug 19, 2013
    Frederick County
    I'm planning on Turkey hunting up there next week. I saw several turkeys a couple months ago while camping with my son. Has anyone else seen them in good numbers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom