• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    just remember what started Boston 1775 a tax increase on tea. This issue is much bigger IMHO

gedelea

Spartan
    Jan 9, 2011
    Montgomery Co.
    The only way any of the above would come into play was if they were coming for our smart phones. In that case, there would be a second civil war. Guns, not so much.

Why come after your phone? There are loopholes in the system to already remotely disable photo and video capabilities in the phone, or better yet...shut the "offending" cell grid off completely rendering your smart phone dumb in seconds. The cover for this action could be a reported bomb threat and they proactively shutting the grid down so they can't be remote detonated.

Ooops...my tin foil hat just fell off my head....

Feb 28, 2013
    The problem I have here, is that when someone makes a statement here that I find detestable, I remember that for what it's still worth we do have a Constitution, which contains a right to free speech. I don't have to like what they said, but that's the way it is for the moment at least.

On the other hand, I happen to be of the opinion that gun owners and the "civil society", at least as defined by Martin O'malley, are simply not compatible. And anyone who suggests, or even hints at that notion is promptly ostracized and dismissed as a "tinfoil hat conspiracy nut"

One need only look at the demographics of this state to see this. The eastern shore and the western 4 counties are totally different worlds than the rest of the state. I dare ask what makes anyone think that the people of Baltimore city, Prince George's and Montgomery counties don't view those that live in the "hick" parts of the state as a threat to their liberal utopia?

Well I say let them have it, so the rest of us can live in peace.

When people of a state, or a nation for that matter, begin to see each other as a threat to their respective ways of life, that's what spawns scenarios like the OP describes. It's unfortunate that is has to be that way, but to deny it is just naive.

Last edited:

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    On the other hand, I happen to be of the opinion that gun owners and the "civil society", at least as defined by Martin O'malley, are simply not compatible. And anyone who suggests, or even hints at that notion is promptly ostracized and dismissed as a "tinfoil hat conspiracy nut"

I agree with everything you have said even the above but it also cuts the other way if you do agree with the a group because their opinion however "tinfoily" the term being thrown around now, "being with the JBT".

I have seen a trend that recent new members have been drive by posting starting threads with info that is little more than speculation bashing people with grand generalizations using sources that many here would not use to validate that the sky is blue but all of a sudden has become reliable now when a few months back it was a "insert derogative adjective" news site.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    While looking at the SB281 threads, along with the national anti-2A threads, I have come to the painful conclusion that most people on here won't even truly fight against spineless politicians, much less an armed unit coming to physically take your weapons. I find that frustrating, especially considering the occupational demographics of members here.
    It seems like the people willing to use the anti's tactics against them, and to do what is necessary to defeat them, are in the minority here. Maybe that is a good thing. However it does make me wonder just what extreme circumstances it will take to get many of you off your asses and actually make a difference in the real world as opposed to playing "who has the biggest balls" on an internet forum.

iobidder

1 point'er
    Nov 11, 2011
    Everywhere
    No, I don't know. But since you've broached the subject why don't you tell us?

Maybe I'm just being overly sensitive, but I don't like the way they are portrayed in this story, even in a hypothetical sense. Like I said, I find it offensive. Perhaps others don't.

Rarity...however I am with you on this one.:thumbsup:

Sundancer

Feb 2, 2013
    Harford County
    Taking it as a clever twist on historical juxtapositioning, the story was entertaining and a good post. As for the other deeper matters, I leave that the experts in the board.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I do not think the NG was involved gun and powder confiscation in April 1775. Pretty sure it was non-American native, British-born "Regulars" under the command of British Crown appointed "Governor-General" ... if you want to apply NG to anyone in April 1775, it would be those who answered the muster and stood up to the red uniformed Regulars in Lexington.

Right2Carry

Feb 27, 2009
    District 32
    BOSTON - National guard units seeking to confiscate a cache of recently banned assault weapons were ambushed on April 19th by elements of a para-military extremist faction. Military and law enforcement sources estimate that 72 were killed and more than 200 injured before government forces were compelled to withdraw.

Speaking after the clash Massachusetts Governor Thomas Gage declared that the extremist faction, which was made up of local citizens, has links to the radical right-wing tax protest movement. Gage blamed the extremists for recent incidents of vandalism directed against internal revenue offices. The governor, who described the group's organizers as "criminals," issued an executive order authorizing the summary arrest of any individual who has interfered with the government's efforts to secure law and order. The military raid on the extremist arsenal followed wide-spread refusal by the local citizenry to turn over recently outlawed assault weapons.

April 20, 1775

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...160F33517A.jpg

History seems to always repeat itself in some form or fashion. I wonder if O'Malley is related to Governor Thomas Gage.

I hope we have learned something from Histroy, it's better to eliminate the devil, to save the lives of many.

JAY1234

Retired Radioman Chief
    Dec 1, 2012
    St Marys County Maryland
    As soon as I read the title......I knew what you were writing.

We dont have the balls to do that today.

You may speak for yourself, however, I believe you are unqualified to make a blanket statement such as "we" don't have the balls to do that today. Number one, men aren't the only ones who believe in the United States Constitution and believe it or not, there are women who are just as capable with firearms as us menfolk.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    I have the utmost respect for our service people.....

But given your response are you implying that if POTUS was to force an executive order or if MOM or whomever pushed for confiscation that the Nat. Guard would not be the tip of the spear? I think we all know the answer to this.

Well, based upon what we saw in Watertown Mass last week with the unconstitutional door to door searches I'd say that the chances of law enforcement/.mil refusing unconstitutional orders are a lot slimmer than most of us would like to believe.

Boston Strong?

********......more like Boston Sheep

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    What you are implying would not happen. Many in the military and police forces are pro 2A and would desert or turn on their own govt if such an order was given. Are you prior military? Clever piece of work but using the National Guard just doesn't fit.

Want to rethink your statement?

So much for refusing unconstitutional orders eh?

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    I think if the Federal Government were to do an outright ban and not do it as a 1000 cuts there would be open revolute. The issue is up until now it has been slow and limited. The boiling pot issue. If we went from 1950 to now in a day there would be open warfare but it was done slowly over decades and most people accept it. Although I think we have hit the point were they can no longer hide there goals and people are getting fed up.

SNIP

Thanks
    Robert

Spot on :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom