• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    ****I hope it is a fair and balanced report demonstrating how many more people defend themselves or prevent violent crimes with firearms versus not.

Also, it would be great to hear some empirical stats from guys like John Lott. Might even be nice to show how little "assault weapons" are ever used in any crime versus the common media portrayal that these guns are so deadly that they must be banned because they look evil and are only used to kill children, and (when allowed to be sold to drug cartels by our government in fast and Furious..), border control agents.

I have high expectations for this report from a trusted news source like CNN which has done such a great job in the past with guys like Piers Morgan, who shows no bias whatsoever regarding his feelings about firearms… :sarcasm:

That is NOT CNN's slogan. :D

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    see my posts in the other thread about this. It's a steaming pile of shit, with not just selective information, but outright unadulterated LIES

Seriously, they don't even make a show of it- they just straight up LIE

sixfivesavage

Jun 30, 2011
    Jarrettsville
    Stumbled upon this crap after football and watched for a total of 48 seconds before I turned it back to modern family. Enough to make me need a drink...

I know this will sound bad but I'm going to say it anyway. Someone with an accent, citizen or not, has no business "investigating" what "reforms" may or may not work in this country. Call me a xenophobe, I don't care.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Active duty military offing themselves in record numbers due to on-going wars and depression.

Solution: Take away their guns.

How about this, Washington: End the wars because they are making our military suicidal due to endless tours of duty, divorce, and the break-up of the military members family. Not to mention the taking of countless human lives.

Gives me an idea for a new bumper sticker: Stop Wounding Our Warriors.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    I wonder if CNN would give the NRA an hour on their TV station at the same time to rebut their position? Unless they do, it's a one-sided argument. The host of tonight's show was Fareed Zakaria, Global Public Square (GPS).

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    It's all propaganda and softening up the masses. Attempts to change the public opinion for what is to come in the not so distant future.

Just wait until the "greatest generation" (the quotation is not meant to be derogatory in any sense, only descriptive) has passed on and we are left with the children of the 70's and worse the 80's as seniors in society holding the bulk of the voting and political power.

Mr Bear

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    No mention of the violent crime spike since the ban in Australia & didn't hear that the public is living in fear because they have no guns & the criminals do. Murders down, yes. Violent, gun related crime skyrocketing. The public now wants its guns back.

Wonder why Great Britain wasn't mentioned? Gun related murders down, yes. Violent crime (rape, robberies, & a new crime category, home invasions) is off the charts. In fact, Great Britain is the most violent country in Europe. Guess they forgot to mention that.

No mention of urban crime, drugs, or mental illness (other than the military) in the US or that our gun homicide rate is down 50%.

Another poor & biased job of reporting a national issue by the media. But then again, I really wasn't expecting much & CNN didn't disappoint.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Who are their advertisers? Write to them and complain, ask why they support the misrepresentation and lies, and tell them that you won't buy products from companies that do.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Sounds like a hit piece in response to their recent poll showing more opposition than support for more gun control since they've began polling the question.

I was watching Patriot Games instead :)

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Couldn't bring myself to watch, but I think they -- and other networks did similar shows about health care in the lead-up to why we needed Obamacare. To point out the need for the US to "catch up" with the rest of the civilized world. That worked well.

Gosh, previous generations of America led the rest of the world and saved it from despotism, communism, and fascism, and now we learn that they were wrong all along. Somebody should tell The Greatest Generation what a bunch of losers they are. Not.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Yup that's what I was getting at, the morals, ideas, beliefs of those past generations did not survive the hippies; then the hippies had kids... Just wait until there are several generations removed from even what is surviving now.

Holders plan seems to be working when he outlined it all those years ago, need to brainwash the youth because they will be the ones who grow up and vote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom