• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    It could do some good IF that actually worked . But we already saw here in Maryland how well that didn't work during the shell casing era.

Applying ATF efforts to prosecuting Felons in Possesion, or use of firearms in drug trafficking would work.

Tacticalglobe

III %er
    Mar 11, 2012
    Nottingham, MD
    Issue is that we can STILL legally drive out of state and purchase them.

WAKE UP FOLKS !!!!

This is the beginning of a all out ban on so called high cap mags.

This is how they roll in to open up other doors to create new laws strip us even more of our rights.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Shell casings used to track down crimes? Glendenning tried that unsuccessfully. What about bad guys that use revolvers? Don't get me wrong, if they have some tech that will really help, that's great, I'm just skeptical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    "...The idea behind the van is simple: using shell casings and evidence to trace a gun’s owner faster.

“Once we take a recovered firearm, we’re able to stick it into the snail trap, discharge the firearm, whereby we can get an exemplar from this particular firearm. It tells you definitively, what gun has been tied to what homicide, ”ATF Firearms Division Chief James Ferguson explains.

Once the casings are analyzed, the weapon could be connected to other homicides..."

###

Because guns used by thugs on the streets are always legally purchased and properly registered, and not stolen, straw purchased, or otherwise illegally obtained or borrowed. We know that, because there are laws prohibiting otherwise, and because murderers who use guns always obey firearms laws. :rolleyes:

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    There was only 1 person who was not racist that ever walked on the face of the Earth. The rest of us, all of us, has racism flowing through our bodies. To deny that is to deny your own reality.
    we can agree to disagree, but i feel like this is kind of a cop-out in the face of flagrant racism.

I come from a REALLY racist place and that quote above there is just sarcasm.
    well...
    Dead on...I was not racist when I arrived at FGGM in Sept 1977, but after living here in the freekin Corridor for close to 40 years, I learned how the Afros, Blacks, Tricolors, Zulus, Illegals and other MoFos and Tribesmen live.
    you were saying, 44man?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    we can agree to disagree, but i feel like this is kind of a cop-out in the face of flagrant racism.

Can you actual tell me you know of someone that deep down inside, doesn't hold a racist view about someone else? It's human nature to not like someone different than you. Racism is a part of the human DNA. To deny that is just wrong.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    It could do some good IF that actually worked . But we already saw here in Maryland how well that didn't work during the shell casing era.

Applying ATF efforts to prosecuting Felons in Possesion, or use of firearms in drug trafficking would work.

It's called Security Theater. Elections are coming.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    How about this off the wall, amazing, wild idea. Let you cops do their jobs, back them, then force your court system to do their job?

Mind BLOWN!!

GAL700

Jun 8, 2016
    AA County
    Can you actual tell me you know of someone that deep down inside, doesn't hold a racist view about someone else? It's human nature to not like someone different than you. Racism is a part of the human DNA. To deny that is just wrong.

So you actually believe that as a WHITE man you are better/superior then me as a LATINO. The answer should be a simple yes or no.

Most people realize racism is a learned trait either directly or environmental. But to state that it is part of human DNA your just talking out your ass. Don't try and justify it to make it seem ok. I really couldn't careless. I am not here to be the savior of black, brown or any other color. I just find it interesting how anonymity is a great exposer of who people really are and that's fine.

But don't get all offensive when people put the mirror in your face, just be who you are and take the lumps that come at you.

Until the 2nd amendment community realizes that the greatest push of support will need to come from the minority community there will always be states like MD. We already have most of the white conservatives no? Turning minorities into 2nd amendment supporters is far easier then white liberal snowflakes. Glad the NRA has much more sense then some of the folks on here ( CN ).

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    So you actually believe that as a WHITE man you are better/superior then me as a LATINO. The answer should be a simple yes or no.

Yes, I do. But that's because I'm white. Do you feel you are better/superior than me because I'm white? Of course you do.

Most people realize racism is a learned trait either directly or environmental. But to state that it is part of human DNA your just talking out your ass. Don't try and justify it to make it seem ok.

See, you have this problem of you thinking I'm trying to justify my stance. I don't have to justify anything to anyone. That's why they are my beliefs.
    I'm just stating that ALL humans are racist against anyone not of their race. You don't have to agree. But it is fact.

I really couldn't careless. I am not here to be the savior of black, brown or any other color. I just find it interesting how anonymity is a great exposer of who people really are and that's fine.

By stating that you could care less while posting your rebuttal, just shows how much you really do care. Until you have that honest talk with yourself, you probably don't know who YOU really are.

But don't get all offensive when people put the mirror in your face, just be who you are and take the lumps that come at you.

Offensive? Me? I think you need to read your words to determine who really is on the offense. But I think in the text of your message, you meant defensive. Maybe?
    I've taken my lumps for more years than you know. I don't think I'm all that worried about anything you could say to me.

Until the 2nd amendment community realizes that the greatest push of support will need to come from the minority community there will always be states like MD. We already have most of the white conservatives no? Turning minorities into 2nd amendment supporters is far easier then white liberal snowflakes. Glad the NRA has much more sense then some of the folks on here ( CN ).

Where did this come from? We weren't talking about the 2A, were we? As far as who is needed to advance our fight for the 2A, I think all we need is 1 man and he's white and sitting in the Whitehouse right now.

But I can completely agree with your last statement. The NRA has a lot more sense than some here. But only a few. I think we have a brain trust of information on this forum. People just need to be willing to listen and not be cornered into their little niche. Come out and play.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    FBI report finds officers ‘de-policing’ as anti-cop hostility becomes ‘new norm’
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/may/4/fbi-report-officers-de-policing-anti-cop-hostility/

An unclassified FBI study on last year’s cop-killing spree found officers are “de-policing” amid concerns that anti-police defiance fueled in part by movements like Black Lives Matter has become the “new norm.”

“Nearly every police official interviewed agreed that for the first time, law enforcement not only felt that their national political leaders [publicly] stood against them, but also that the politicians’ words and actions signified that disrespect to law enforcement was acceptable in the aftermath of the Brown shooting,” the study said.
    :sad20:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    We didn't need an FBI study to know that. But thanks for confirming my suspicions.

I have to give it to the officers, I don't think I could deal with everything they do and still want to do my job. They are in a tough spot. Now, more than ever.

Chicago police department struggles with officer suicide
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-chicago-police-suicide-idUSKBN180149

Rookie Chicago police officer Scott Tracz sat in a black sports car outside his girlfriend's suburban house late last year, put his gun to his head and fatally shot himself.

The normally upbeat Tracz, 30, had become withdrawn and sullen, struggling with the violence he witnessed as an officer but rejecting advice from friends and family to seek help, fearing it would end his career, relatives said.

"He said, 'I will lose my job,'" his cousin, Ark Maciaszek, said. "Just like that."

Tracz is believed to be the latest contributor to the Chicago Police Department's suicide rate, which stands 60 percent higher than the national average according to a recent U.S. Department of Justice report.

:sad20:

Mr Bear

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    Wrong! Slum lording in any city is poor business, even with Section 8 in place...those investors abandoned CC in droves...City boarded up those row homes in wads when the property tax bills went unpaid, and City could not afford to convert them to Space A for the hordes of homeless or less fortunates.

THEY cannot manage shit! They are not capable and They do not want to be bro's keeper, regardless of what they march for and/or spout off with as they light those candles and mosey around aimlessly.

They are as worthless as they look....

Lew-Ranger63

PS: The last one who did care was taken early by her maker: one Bea Gatty (sp)...respected by blacks, whites and every color in between.

Well said & true. Section 8 payments do not equal a mortgage payment. You have generations of renters in B'more. Recently read that 258k residents rent out of a population of 623k.

Mr Bear

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    I think Baltimore and Chicago are neck and neck with each other. But I'm hoping to see change in the future with Maryland. A lot of states are going to constitutional carry, we are not as bad as jersey and some of the other states. I think there might be hope in the future.

Actually B'more has a higher per capita homicide rate than Chi-town since it has 75% fewer people than the big C.

The gov't could bring in the NG, the Army, Marines, AF, & the Navy & the homicide rate would still stay high.

rockstarartist

I shoot like an android
    May 3, 2009
    Baltimore City
    See, you have this problem of you thinking I'm trying to justify my stance. I don't have to justify anything to anyone. That's why they are my beliefs.
    I'm just stating that ALL humans are racist against anyone not of their race. You don't have to agree. But it is fact.

^^^ Lmao at this little racist.

but let me correct you here a little bit, you should have said:

"You don't have to agree. But it is MY BELIEF."

because you clearly said that its your stance/belief and more importantly your belief is not based on fact ( i can cite sources and studies from various institutions, etc. and blah, blah, blah ) but I can tell your not a stupid racist... which means you can google this stuff. Its not going to change your mind, your locked in, so it doesnt really matter if you search. But i have to give you some applause for doing some sort of point by point nonsense-ridden-rebuttal of some persons response to your heavy-darkness.

None the less, I am pretty saddened to see all this negative, prejudiced and biased banter going on. I was hoping to see more constructive ideas.

I can see how bringing in the feds can be construed as a scape-goat if things fail, but if I was the governor, and my city was bleeding, i would bring in what ever help i could.

What does the city need from me/us/anyone to help out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom