• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I was in the Philippines during that time.

Civilians had no legal means to acquire a weapon. But that does not mean they did not get weapons. Blackmarket was established after a while. The place was flooded with AUTOMATIC weapons that were stolen from the military or smuggled in from all over the world.

At the same time, Communist rebels and Muslim separatist were heavilly armed. At that time, M16 were about a 150 USD. Fragmentation grenades were around five bucks each. 40 mm M203/79 HE rounds were priced the same.

Marcos.. Thought that he eliminated weapons, in fact... He only drove the industry underground. With no regulations, automatic weapons were as common as color TVs.

At age 11, I was given my first pistol.. A Colt 1911 goldcup series 70. At 13. I owned two m16s , a thompson and an m2 carbine.

During the peoples power revolution that toppled the Marcos regime... The Army had left the armories open, the presidential palace was also abandoned...I know people that ended up with carloads of automatic weapons and ammo.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    At age 11, I was given my first pistol.. A Colt 1911 goldcup series 70. At 13. I owned two m16s , a thompson and an m2 carbine.

This explains a lot. Two M16s at age 13?! You've had a significant head start on us all. More seriously, were these lost when coming back to the States? Errr, maybe shouldn't answer that.

OP, apologies for the detour and thanks for the link to the story/cautionary tale.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    This explains a lot. Two M16s at age 13?! You've had a significant head start on us all. More seriously, were these lost when coming back to the States? Errr, maybe shouldn't answer that.

OP, apologies for the detour and thanks for the link to the story/cautionary tale.

I hid it between the walls.. left it there for 30 years.. See pics
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=67416

Attachments

• elisco2.jpg
      elisco2.jpg
      20.8 KB · Views: 575

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Axle grease works well for long term storage, see my old m16? Used wd 40 on that
    BB pellets scattered in a huge area of your property makes metal detectors crap out

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    BB pellets scattered in a huge area of your property makes metal detectors crap out
    Now you are getting somewhere..... my wife talks of burying some
    guns... DUH! Metal detector!

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Im not going share hiding techniques in a public forum...LOL.. Only in the water cooler

Gun Confiscation

Been there, Done that, got the t shirt

Been to where these libtards are trying to take us to. Its not a pleasant place.

I was in the Philippines during that time.

Civilians had no legal means to acquire a weapon. But that does not mean they did not get weapons. Blackmarket was established after a while. The place was flooded with AUTOMATIC weapons that were stolen from the military or smuggled in from all over the world.

At the same time, Communist rebels and Muslim separatist were heavilly armed. At that time, M16 were about a 150 USD. Fragmentation grenades were around five bucks each. 40 mm M203/79 HE rounds were priced the same.

Marcos.. Thought that he eliminated weapons, in fact... He only drove the industry underground. With no regulations, automatic weapons were as common as color TVs.

During the peoples power revolution that toppled the Marcos regime... The Army had left the armories open, the presidential palace was also abandoned...I know people that ended up with carloads of automatic weapons and ammo.

Perversely, this is one of the reasons I'm looking forward to the all-out gun bans that will one day come here.

Because when a single-shot Chipmunk .22 becomes as illegal as an unregistered machinegun, all the pretenses of being "law abiding gun owners" are gone.

Then we are all free to own what we truly want.

I'm looking forward to this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom