• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008
    I don't think its good to get into a what would you do discussion. Especially in a part of the forum that is accessable to anyone. We don't need to give the enemy any ammunition

1183490d1376001399-pawn-stars-what-watch-i-see-what-you-did-there-futurama-fry-sneaky-sneak-hk7gda.jpg

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    How many of you think its a real possibility here in MD? What would you do if the government came to your house to confiscate your guns?

It is all very simple. Do something now to prevent it by voting, helping MSI, etc.

If they go into confiscation mode, I will simply purchase real estate in a different state and take the "confiscation" type of guns there.

I think we are a far ways away from confiscation, but my wife has already agreed to move if I have to register any of my other firearms (e.g., regulated firearms are registered on purchase) or they require licensing. We will be long gone from this state before they can even put confiscation forward in a bill in the General Assembly. The camel's back is getting pretty loaded here.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    I am 73 and I am not wasting breath on the buttheads of northern Prince Georges county. Am leaving this year for western PA and leaving this fu mess to the Zulus and Illegals who have taken over. The Battle is lost and won't be regained with dickheads like O'Malley, Frosh, Brown, Baker, et al in charge.

Lew--Ranger63 and Good Guy 176.

gatopolis11

Dec 20, 2013
    Southern Maryland
    I am 73 and I am not wasting breath on the buttheads of northern Prince Georges county. Am leaving this year for western PA and leaving this fu mess to the Zulus and Illegals who have taken over. The Battle is lost and won't be regained with dickheads like O'Malley, Frosh, Brown, Baker, et al in charge.

:clap: Well said

I am seriously considering moving back to PA but I will keep fighting the fight while I'm here.

engine42410

Sep 9, 2013
    Baltimore County
    If your able to leave this anti gun state do so because some if not all of our elected officals have majority of the law abiding citizens life jackets. Until we get the jackets back we will never stay afloat with gun laws in the state of maryland.

lilmike1464

Oct 12, 2013
    Baltimore City, MD
    My pet goldfish ran off with all my guns after oct 1st for some reason. He mentioned something about a underwater cave. When I told msp my story they thought it was a joke...

Too bad, they should've looked for him because I think that cave is where everyone from has had their boating accidents

doug38s

BIGELOW
    Mar 28, 2012
    Sharpsburg
    Here's how I think it would go...
    The government would send swat teams out to the first set of homes/businesses to retrieve their "illegal" weapons. A few would surrender, but others would shelter in place a la Ruby Ridge or Waco. And this would be repeated on every other block in the country. Within minutes, these folks'd get the word out to Fox, Twitter, mdshooters, etc., and large groups of [armed] Americans would begin assembling outside these sheltered citizens' homes/businesses. The next move would be up to the government, because they (the government) would be involved in the illegal and clearly unconstitutional act of infringing on "we the people's" inalienable rights to keep and bear arms; and the people being forced to shelter against them would have the full force of the US Constitution behind them. Remember, it's every American citizen's responsibility to protect and defend the constitution (not just the president, who takes a public oath to that effect!). In that scenario, if you were the government, would you wanna fire the first bullet?

This is a very likely scenario as I saw it happen to a certain extent in Sharpsburg with Terry Porter. All the local people came out in support of Porter and pretty much told the State Police, ATF and FBI to GtFO.

Realistically I believe most people do need to think what would they do in that life or death situation. If you have family it could get ugly quick. I will not put my family in risk. They can have my weapons. I will take my family elsewhere to be safe at that point. What happens after that is a different story .

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    It will not be a mass confiscation. Mass confiscation turns into rebellion too easily. It will be slow and deliberate with ample time between "recoveries" from "prohibited" individuals. All with media backing and pushing the message for the greater good (also read as for the children)

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    It will not be a mass confiscation. Mass confiscation turns into rebellion too easily. It will be slow and deliberate with ample time between "recoveries" from "prohibited" individuals. All with media backing and pushing the message for the greater good (also read as for the children)

The question in this thread is ... this year? So, you are agreeing with me, ... not this year?

Nokas

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 30, 2013
    Baltimore

Totally agree with you, O'Malley is a terrible governor and has compromised the State's integrity, economy, and it's future. Laws such as the Dream Act, Firearm Safety Act 2013, Rain Tax, Welfare and housing for Illegals with anchor babies, Driver's license for illegals, all have one thing in common they are all attacks on the American citizen and legal and law abiding residents of Maryland.

More and more people are leaving this state and with that less tax payers = less income tax revenue.

I'm actually going to buy at least two homes in overseas countries, this state and country just sickens me from time to time- citizens are not respected, heavy taxation and little in return, rights and liberties given to illegals, constitution has been negated, etc. The people in this country once erupted in revolution for simply a tax imposed on imported tea, and now we accept all taxation like slaves...

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    I'm actually going to buy at least two homes in overseas countries, this state and country just sickens me from time to time- citizens are not respected, heavy taxation and little in return, rights and liberties given to illegals, constitution has been negated, etc. The people in this country once erupted in revolution for simply a tax imposed on imported tea, and now we accept all taxation like slaves...

do tell, where are these utopia's?

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative

This is the piece that bugs me. Always has.

Any time we hear some invoking "the children", I challenge everyone to consider whether the speaker is "standing behind" the children, or "hiding behind" them...

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Well I'll be purchasing a house in Norway and one in Pakistan, you may not like them but I like them. Also plan to buy a house in Turkey.

So.... Your fave places are Norway--home of the greatest spree killer mass murder in history...

Pakistan-- where you convert to a belief or be killed...

Or Turkey-- where they are abandoning democratic institutions in favor of reviving the Islamic Caliphate...

You sure know how to pick 'em..

We'll come down to the docks to see you off...

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    This is the piece that bugs me. Always has.

Any time we hear some invoking "the children", I challenge everyone to consider whether the speaker is "standing behind" the children, or "hiding behind" them...

Actually, if they were "for the children", wouldn't they be standing 'in front' of them; between them and harm ... like a good guy with a gun ?

That scenario is highly unlikely because those same breathless defenders of the young and innocent, who use 'it's for the children' as their political shield to end honest discussion, would just as soon use them as a physical shield in the face of danger. Just as they are quick to hide behind their paid body guards because 'guns are evil' unless they are wielded in THEIR defense, but no-so-much yours and mine.

It's the penultimate definition of hypocrisy without even changing their public viewpoint in the face of their own cowardice.

cowboy321

Apr 21, 2009
    How many of you think its a real possibility here in MD? What would you do if the government came to your house to confiscate your guns?

There would need to be a law banning possession of firearms in Md. Then I would be shocked sine the 2nd amendment exists.

wvuguy

Mountain Man
    Jan 23, 2012
    Garrett County
    "How many of you think its a real possibility here in MD? What would you do if the government came to your house to confiscate your guns?" Here is my view on this issue. The rule I have always heard, even from state law enforcement is that the sheriff is one that sets the rules and has supremacy over all state law enforcement. Since I live in Garrett County and other counties that are pro-gun, I don't think you should worry about the gun confiscation. Sheriff Corley expressed that he will not support the new laws, and will not enforce them. The problem is gun dealers have to abide by these rules. If you look at Printz vs United States, it basically concludes that the constitution overrules any state or federal law and the constitution is supreme law of the land. So if there was a confiscation in rural areas like Garrett, and other places it will not happen if the sheriff of your county does not back down and stands up to State and Federal law enforcement. The case of Printz vs United States should be the precedent that the courts will follow if this happens in the future, unless lawyers can find a difference between the two cases.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom