• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    None of my guns are rusty, malfunction etc. wipe it down, bore snake, a little oil, done. 30 seconds to a minute per gun tops.

I’m in and out of the shower in 5 minutes.

WTF are you people doing that takes so long?
    LMAO, they are probably scrubbing all of the tiles and grout in their bathrooms after every shower.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    It sounds like you prefer his advice. Use it.

Manufacturers from all over the country pay me to train their people. Armorers from all over the country come to my classes. I'm not concerned if people don't take my advice.
    Sotaracha for the win.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    You don't have to. Your vehicle has an Oil Filter to maintain the continuous flow of oil by removing particles including: dirt; oil which has oxidized; and metallic particles that can appear in motor oil due to engine wear or other factors. Failing to change your Oil Filter at the necessary intervals can result in particulates getting through to cause engine wear/damage.

Your firearm does not have this capability.

Not a good comparison.
    it does if you lube it correctly.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Did you whip out your fancy credentials beforehand?
    Is everyone here supposed to know who you are? I don't. I can't access your profile for external link...
    There are noobs here that may waste your time btw...
    Clandestine is not like that. Some here think as such. But who am I. Noobs do not waste his time. Before his classes I never touched an AR in my life. Bolt guns only or some older semi autos like M1, etc.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    I definitely agree.

As a Glock(s) owner, I know there's a wide margin for them to function when dirty, etc. I don't ever want to get within sight of that line though.

I never carry a dirty gun. It has to be one that I've cleaned and oiled since last being fired. It's just a rule I have for myself. Others may feel differently and that's up to them.
    i was referring to rifles. Now my 22lr rifles yeah I clean more. But, even my glocks I do not clean all the time.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    it does if you lube it correctly.
    Your firearm does not have a filter which removes particulates from the lube as it’s circulated.

So as a firearm is used, the amount of particulates increases in the lube. This negatively affects the lube’s lubricating properties. If all you do is lube without actually removing these particulates (by using bore cleaner or other solvents), it will result in substantial wear and damage to your firearm.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    i was referring to rifles. Now my 22lr rifles yeah I clean more. But, even my glocks I do not clean all the time.
    That’s entirely your call. Glocks have earned a reputation for functioning while dirty.

I stick to my rule that I’ll only carry a clean Glock (or any brand), which means that it’s been cleaned, oiled and function tested since last being fired.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Your firearm does not have a filter which removes particulates from the lube as it’s circulated.

So as a firearm is used, the amount of particulates increases in the lube. This negatively affects the lube’s lubricating properties. If all you do is lube without actually removing these particulates (by using bore cleaner or other solvents), it will result in substantial wear and damage to your firearm.
    okey dokey

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

An armorer in my agency went over 15k rounds with one of our P229's without cleaning and only lubing.
    He only cleaned it because he got tired of it running flawlessly. Yeah.... no "substantial wear and damage" to it.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    My buddy shoots and continues to shoot his Browning Citori without ever cleaning it.
    He selected the one with the English straight grip stock. Right when they first became available.
    Anyway, for years shooting ducks and geese and what not over to bay country. Hundreds, if not a few thousand of them over the years.
    Salt water environments, water and wet boat bottoms. Sporting clays you name it.
    All he does is dribble motor oil on it to keep it loosened up and maybe wipe it off with one of those dirty ass red second hand shop towels you see near work boats and pick up trucks.
    I laugh every-time I see it the damn thing. All he cares about is the rib on it that it doesn't get dinged or bent and damaged some other way.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    My buddy shoots and continues to shoot his Browning Citori without ever cleaning it.
    He selected the one with the English straight grip stock. Right when they first became available.
    Anyway, for years shooting ducks and geese and what not over to bay country. Hundreds, if not a few thousand of them over the years.
    Salt water environments, water and wet boat bottoms. Sporting clays you name it.
    All he does is dribble motor oil on it to keep it loosened up and maybe wipe it off with one of those dirty ass red second hand shop towels you see near work boats and pick up trucks.
    I laugh every-time I see it the damn thing. All he cares about is the rib on it that it doesn't get dinged or bent and damaged some other way.
    That is a different animal.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    If I don't clean my MKIII it will fail. I don't completely disassemble it but I will remove the bolt occasionally and scrape out all the fouling. This seems like a personal preference thread that got y'all riled up. CLP if you don't want to then don't.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    It sounds like you prefer his advice. Use it.

Manufacturers from all over the country pay me to train their people. Armorers from all over the country come to my classes. I'm not concerned if people don't take my advice.
    1000045168.jpg

It seems like you could've simply answered his questions. Even just something like mentioning hk's use of a fluted chamber, or the different sealing properties of steel cased ammo, would likely suffice to argue against that guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom