• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 17, 2012
    Frederick County
    I'm about to FINALLY buy my first handgun I have it picked out and everything but I was just wondering is the gun center good with doing there end of the bargain? like sending the paperwork to MSP and all that? any help would be greatly appreciated ladies and gents :)

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Chances are, you're going to pay more for your purchase but with that being said, I've never personally known of them having any issues with paperwork, etc...

Like anyplace else, there are people who don't care for them but I've never had an issue with anybody there and have purchased a few guns from them over the years including my first revolver way back in 1994.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    When I've been in there, service and selection was very good to excellent. Prices ranged wildly from reasonable to loopy. If you've shopped around and the price seems reasonable, then it's probably as good a place as any to buy a gun in Frederick.

Gunrunners is personable but selection is close to non-existent. You generally need to go in there knowing exactly what you want to buy/order.

tech24

HP rifle shooter
    Dec 15, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    I agree to whats said, nice selection but been literally ripped of twice before I knew any better. Some prices seem like they were drawn from a hat others more reasonable.

JDH146

jdh146
    Dec 26, 2009
    Hafer's in Downsville is a short ride from Frederick and Tim's prices and service are excellent. He is an IP here and supports the forum.

CHUNKERMD

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    West MD
    Whatcha buying? I've seen items priced $100 over MSRP and have been given bad info on several occasions.
    They're hit or miss but a good source to handle several different tools.
    Most I know in Fredneck use Bob @ Gunrunners. He can order or transfer for you.
    #47 East Patrick Street
    Frederick, Md 21701
    301-662-5912
    Tues. thru Friday: 5 pm- 8 pm..........Saturday 9 am-5pm

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Whatcha buying? I've seen items priced $100 over MSRP and have been given bad info on several occasions.
    They're hit or miss but a good source to handle several different tools.
    Most I know in Fredneck use Bob @ Gunrunners. He can order or transfer for you.
    #47 East Patrick Street
    Frederick, Md 21701
    301-662-5912
    Tues. thru Friday: 5 pm- 8 pm..........Saturday 9 am-5pm

+1000000

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Guess I'm in the minority here. I have had excellent dealings with them. Established shop with a knowledgeable staff. Yes, prices are a bit high but they have the stuff in stock and will stand behind it if there are issues down the road.

bobnieder

S&W Fan
    May 1, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    I want to chip in with my vote for Gunrunners and Bob. The only time I was in the Gun Center I was looking for an M&P .40 FS, and the price was over Smith and Wesson's list price by a good margin.

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    We have never purchased a handgun at any local store. I support the local store business but yo can't eat the online prices. I give the majority of my business to gun runners because the gun center people can be jerks. Gun runners will make a good easy $50 off of you by buying the handgun online and going through them. Even if you want to buy the gun from them they can get the new gun to the store and sell it to you. Just go in there knowing what you want

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    We have never purchased a handgun at any local store. I support the local store business but yo can't eat the online prices. I give the majority of my business to gun runners because the gun center people can be jerks. Gun runners will make a good easy $50 off of you by buying the handgun online and going through them. Even if you want to buy the gun from them they can get the new gun to the store and sell it to you. Just go in there knowing what you want

Heh? I thought you have "never purchased a handgun at any local store"

damosan

Feb 21, 2009
    I purchased my Mosin there -- the prices on their pistols is high -- I've had good luck at the Gun Shack in Mt. Airy but to each their own.

D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom