Attachments

• hostility3.jpg
      hostility3.jpg
      16 KB · Views: 437

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    I'm definitely going to go down there and sell my shotgun that I bought for $40. I'll probably call and see how they will pay people.

And yes, if it is anonymous, I'll just claim I am a HoCo resident.

If it were less risky (as in residents only and may be getting paid in gift cards), I would go to wallyworld and buy two $71 22s to sell them.

Diamonddoug

Feb 2, 2013
    Jackson County TN
    I just called and spoke to a officer at the number posted and ask him how they were taking regulated firearms in without doing transfers and background checks, he stated they were not buying firearms they were giving people rewards for turning in unwanted guns.
    Using this method, I would offer a reward to anyone who would like to dispose of a weapon, I guess if its not being sold it does not need to be transfered. I will have a trash can for you to deposit them in.

4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    This type of thing makes me wonder why my taxes are so high... I don't mind paying taxes to pay my fair share of supporting hospitals, emergency services, our military/veterans, etc., but I do mind watching my tax dollars getting thrown out the window... I can see lines of people turning in broken Hi-points and Ravens and laughing all the way to the bank.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I just called and spoke to a officer at the number posted and ask him how they were taking regulated firearms in without doing transfers and background checks, he stated they were not buying firearms they were giving people rewards for turning in unwanted guns.
    Using this method, I would offer a reward to anyone who would like to dispose of a weapon, I guess if its not being sold it does not need to be transfered. I will have a trash can for you to deposit them in.

Good point. Let's say that someone turns in a regulated firearm to this buy back program and it turns up a year from now in a crime scene. What then?

Let's say that the gov't comes to confiscate my AR15 but I claim to have turned it in? I don't think anyone who understand guns or gun laws had anything to do with this hippie "feel good" program.

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    I called and they say they will pay in cash.

I could send my Korean fiancee down there to do the deal -- she could pretend that she doesn't speak English. Then even if it isn't 'no questions asked' it will be 'no questions answered.'

Hehehe.

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    Wonder how much my Rohm 2-shot .38 derringer is worth. How much they paying for handguns?

I'd like to get a down payment on a Baby Eagle II .40 or a Savage 10FP.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    Looking at google earth, it looks like there is a good sidewalk to stand at the entrance of the Bendix Rd. county facility. Anyone actually going to possibly buy?

Chaos_Being

Feb 11, 2013
    Carroll County
    I still say this is a waste of tax dollars...regardless of where they say the money is "really" coming from. Anyways, who in their right mind is going to hand in a gun for $100. Certainly not a criminal, unless they're trying to get rid of some evidence. Maybe they'll successfully disarm some little old ladies?

djleepanda

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 10, 2011
    Elkridge
    So basically you can build 3 x .22 pipe guns that fit the long gun description(since it is perfectly legal to manufacture long guns for personal use), and turn them all in and make 300 dollars. Turn around and offer 150 to some long guns that people are turning in and you go home with 2 rifles or keep the 300 dollars.

no questions asked right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom