• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    I knew better than to keep going back and looking at this auction. One of my good friends tried to help. He said his daughter reminds him, "You only live once"...:innocent0 Well, I was bad...I pounced.

By the auction pics, this .357 looks like a model 15. It's not perfect, but for the price I had to jump on it. My DW 44 mag needed a baby sister. The .357 will go well with the "big bad boy". The two will meet each other in a week or two.

DW revolvers are fun shooters. Some of you have DW revolver sets. Feel free to post up pics of them so we can all drool again.

Let the waiting begin...:sad20:

Attachments

• pix959679906.jpg
      pix959679906.jpg
      42.9 KB · Views: 267
    • pix279983483.jpg
      pix279983483.jpg
      56.1 KB · Views: 262
    • pix684421204.jpg
      pix684421204.jpg
      37.8 KB · Views: 267
    • JTDW44MagR.jpg
      JTDW44MagR.jpg
      38.4 KB · Views: 267
    Last edited:

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Good find Joe, I can't wait to get my paws on that one too. Seems like we are gonna have a few new toys to shoot at the next one or two get togethers.

diesel-man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 8, 2009
    Nice.

How are the alt barrels attached, and why would you need more than 4" unless you wanted to impress the ladies?

That didn't sound right, never mind. :)

Nice gun, that's all.

Inner barrel is threaded into receiver, outter shroud held on with a special nut. (if you saw it, it is a great design) 357 is very accurate with a 8" barrel...44 mag not as much. Dan Wesson made a 15" barrel...to much for even Chad...

Attachments

• Chad9.jpg
      Chad9.jpg
      26.5 KB · Views: 250

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Inner barrel is threaded into receiver, outter shroud held on with a special nut. (if you saw it, it is a great design) 357 is very accurate with a 8" barrel...44 mag not as much. Dan Wesson made a 15" barrel...to much for even Chad...

You're correct on almost every point. I will say my .44 mag is dead on with an 8" barrel at 25 yards with any ammo I load for it. A few yeas ago at a MDS fall shoot, someone set up a steel gong on the far left pistol lane. It was there, so we shot at it from the far right lane. Before it was over the plate had a 4" hole in the center. Looking back I kinda feel bad, but it was great fun while it was happening. :innocent0

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Nice, Dan Weston's are always undervalued. I need to snag one more.

Its actually killing me to see barreless frames with grips go around and around for $250 when I have a whole stack of barrels from my pistol pack!

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    OP: That DW is actually a model 15-2.
    The 'original' model 15's barrel/shroud won't fit on the 15-2.

I've got a 44VH-8 (to shoot IHMSA) and bought a VH-4 barrel/shroud for it.
    The VH-8 with factory stocks weighs just a couple of ounces less than 4 lbs!
    The VH-4 has been on this revolver since '94.

Dan Wesson is making parts available, again.

Here's the 44VH-4:

DW44VH-4-1.jpg

And for comparison, here's the 44VH-4 with a S&W mdl 60 Ladysmith:
    DW44-VH4_SWMdl60.jpg

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    OP: That DW is actually a model 15-2.
    The 'original' model 15's barrel/shroud won't fit on the 15-2.

Dan Wesson is making parts available, again.

I was 99% sure it was a model 15-2. DW improved the barrel connection with later models.

Quick qestion, I don't think the barrel wrench changed with the redesign, right? Picking up a .357 wrench will be in the cards. No telling how long the 4" barrel has been in place, but additional barrels would be fun.

You're correct CZ acquired DW and many parts are available through CZ-USA. Not cheap tho...:sad20:

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    I was 99% sure it was a model 15-2. DW improved the barrel connection with later models.

Quick qestion, I don't think the barrel wrench changed with the redesign, right? Picking up a .357 wrench will be in the cards. No telling how long the 4" barrel has been in place, but additional barrels would be fun.

You're correct CZ acquired DW and many parts are available through CZ-USA. Not cheap tho...:sad20:

I'm not sure about the barrel wrench or the tension nut.
    An old friend used to have a mdl 15, and it was one strange looking revolver!
    The barrel shroud would actually extend downward and became the front of the frame, at the crane, and the tension nut was 'external' instead of being inside the barrel shroud.

That VH-4 barrel assembly was less than $100 at Accokeek Sports.
    I got the DW 44 VH-8 from Front Royal Supply (Front Royal, VA) for $266.00 and had it sent to Accokeek Sports.

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    My uncle found a nearly unfired Dan Wesson model 15 for $250. It even had all the barrels with it too :(. I never get so lucky.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    My uncle found a nearly unfired Dan Wesson model 15 for $250. It even had all the barrels with it too :(. I never get so lucky.

Ya tell me about it, I ended up paying close to $800 for my near mint pistol pack. About the same for my Stainless "made" pack that included 6 and 8 and 2 inch barrels but a little worn (which is ok its my field gun) and Again about the same for my .44 pistol pack.

Sigh damn these wessons

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom