• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • railbird

Mar 13, 2013
    Harford County
    Gosh I hate it when salt gets rubbed into a wound.

I have outstanding Maryland purchases well over 100 days (including some that claim to be releasing but have a "backlog").

A friend at work just got her PA CCW (Adams County) in 5 weeks, start to finish. No interviews, no probing questions. Just mail the form in, sheriff sends back the approval and you go have your picture taken and pickup the permit.

It's awfully, awfully hard not to want to move 20 miles north.

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    Got mine in Adams. 2 weeks $20.

The sheriff I spoke with there was friendly.

I told him the hoops I had to go through to get my Maryland. He laughed. He said the md state police give them grief for wanting to carry in Maryland.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Why the hell wouldn't you move 20 miles north to a free state? I could understand if you are 40 miles away but a 15 drive isn't asking too much for a lot more freedom.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Gosh I hate it when salt gets rubbed into a wound.

I have outstanding Maryland purchases well over 100 days (including some that claim to be releasing but have a "backlog").

A friend at work just got her PA CCW (Adams County) in 5 weeks, start to finish. No interviews, no probing questions. Just mail the form in, sheriff sends back the approval and you go have your picture taken and pickup the permit.

It's awfully, awfully hard not to want to move 20 miles north.

Yup. I just did the same in about 5 weeks from Adams County. Could not have been easier.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    York took 3 days new when we moved here and to renew a few months ago, mailed the app Monday, got the call to pick it up Wednesday, all for $20 good for 5 years. Bought a new XDs45 the other day too. Walked into the shop, filled out the 4473 and half page "transfer record" for the state, a call to PICS, grabbed a holster and couple boxes of PDX1, took all of 15 minutes. Went to my towns private range to run some ammo through it and do some drills, been carrying it ever since. Yea, it's pretty awesome up here.:party29:

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    So, those of you who got the PA permit, do you live there or own property there or what? We've got a townhouse at 7 Springs so I guess I could use that for an address but wouldn't I need a PA drivers license?

BRONZ

Big Brother is Watching
    Jan 21, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    So, those of you who got the PA permit, do you live there or own property there or what? We've got a townhouse at 7 Springs so I guess I could use that for an address but wouldn't I need a PA drivers license?

Or have a MD Handgun Permit....

Its funny we do all our shopping up in PA. We only live about 10 miles from the border and I never carry. I was up there for about 4 hours yesterday , didnt carry. Lol

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Or have a MD Handgun Permit....

Its funny we do all our shopping up in PA. We only live about 10 miles from the border and I never carry. I was up there for about 4 hours yesterday , didnt carry. Lol

If I had a Maryland permit I wouldn't have a problem. I've got a Utah permit that's good in PA for now, but don't usually carry anyways. I'm heading up to Elizabethtown later this morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom