• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    where I go hunting typically its packed with hunters...but this year people have been busy and havent been out. Also it was a dry spring/summer so that usually helps... I saw at least 5 other grouse where I went...I had dinner at my friends house last fall and they had grouse and it got me hooked!

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code

Attachments

• IMG_3271.JPG
      IMG_3271.JPG
      60.5 KB · Views: 277

RLaw

Apr 6, 2013
    My Brittany pointed a Grouse once in Virginia. Otherwise skunked on Grouse. Fun hunt...good exercise. Congrats!

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Round 2... shot 4 this evening...saw more but couldnt get a good shot on them...oh well nice evening for shooting...Im doing better at shooting birds than deer so far:sad20::) Wife is going to try and make grouse dumplings tomorrow hope they turn out good!:D

Attachments

• grouse round 2.JPG
      grouse round 2.JPG
      96.3 KB · Views: 210

Juche90

May 10, 2014
    I used to work in December in exchange for October grouse and pheasant season. Lots of fun.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Round 2... shot 4 this evening...saw more but couldnt get a good shot on them...oh well nice evening for shooting...Im doing better at shooting birds than deer so far:sad20::) Wife is going to try and make grouse dumplings tomorrow hope they turn out good!:D

I missed this post. Good shootin' :thumbsup:

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I used to work in December in exchange for October grouse and pheasant season. Lots of fun.

I was sitting quietly in my deer blind a few days ago and right at last light 2 grouse lowlevel buzzed my blind...made me jump a little...the fawns I was watching didnt even bat a tail..:lol2::sad20:

MDNavyVet

Mar 25, 2013
    PG County
    When I lived in Alaska I used to drive out of town in the late afternoon just around sunset and walk the train tracks for Grouse. Used my Ruger 10/22 and always came home with at least a couple if not more. Easy to clean and combined with some wild rice are some might fine eats!

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    When I lived in Alaska I used to drive out of town in the late afternoon just around sunset and walk the train tracks for Grouse. Used my Ruger 10/22 and always came home with at least a couple if not more. Easy to clean and combined with some wild rice are some might fine eats!

sounds good...they aren't the brightest creatures thats for sure.:lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom