• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • arbud

Jan 27, 2008
    Towson
    Just bought a little Taurus 94 with 2 or 2.5 inch barrel. What size groups at 25 yards should I expect? Thanks for your input guys. Bud

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    It varies. Group size is a very subjective thing, and can vary quite a bit depending on hold, and what excercise or cadence you are trying. Clamp it in a vise, and it might do 2"-3". Slow fire from a rested position, you might get 4", standing you might get 6", rapid fire around 1 second per shot might net 12"(typical for j-frame snubbies I have shot). The key is to not worry about the size, but more the placement. A 8" group that is low and to the left would indicate a trigger jerk, however a 9" group centered would be better, and may just be due to lighting or conditions. After a good bit of practice the groups will shrink, but with good trigger control, and getting used to optimal sight alignment for that gun, they will shrink faster, and stay more consistent target to target.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Snubbys require a lot of practice to master.

I was told to set a dime on the end of mine, just inside the front site and practice dry firing with the objective being to keep the dime from falling off.

A 22 might be a little easier, but the best I can do at 25 yards with my Taurus 651 shooting full 357mag loads is about minute of man.

Jimet's "garage door" comment might not be too much of an exaggeration. Maybe a single car garage door......:innocent0

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Snubbys require a lot of practice to master.

I was told to set a dime on the end of mine, just inside the front site and practice dry firing with the objective being to keep the dime from falling off.

A 22 might be a little easier, but the best I can do at 25 yards with my Taurus 651 shooting full 357mag loads is about minute of man.

Jimet's "garage door" comment might not be too much of an exaggeration. Maybe a single car garage door......:innocent0

how does it shoot with 38s?

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    could be fun for practicing in the garage with Agulia super colibri

In a snubby they are quite loud. In my 38 snubby, I cast bullets out of parrafin wax, and load them with SPM primers only. They are really quiet, and work great for practice in drawing and firing. To top it off, they will put a good sized dent in cardboard, so you can see where you hit, but it wont go through a shoe, so you won't lose a foot if you screw up(stings pretty good though:innocent0)

Flash

Jan 1, 2008
    Adams County Pa.
    I bought some 38, but have never fired any through it. This gun is my "last ditch effort at thwarting bear attacks in the mountains of WV" gun, so I only practice with what I carry.

A 357 to thwart bear attacks? Better hope it's not a sow with cubs close by. She'll rip you a new a**hole before you fire all six.

In a snubby they are quite loud. In my 38 snubby, I cast bullets out of parrafin wax, and load them with SPM primers only. They are really quiet, and work great for practice in drawing and firing. To top it off, they will put a good sized dent in cardboard, so you can see where you hit, but it wont go through a shoe, so you won't lose a foot if you screw up(stings pretty good though:innocent0)

This fascinates me. I wanna know more about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom