• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old Salty Dog

Ultimate Member
    Nov 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    Thanks for the map. Looks like a good 2 1/2 - 3 hr drive for us.
    About the only think I don't like about being down in Southern Maryland is how long it takes to get to most anything.

Thanks parbreak. :)

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Kind of a hike for me too, but H&M does offer a course and I sent an email about a group rate up in Hazzard county as well...let you know when I hear back...

a81lp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 15, 2008
    yeah marriotsville is a hike, please let me know what H&M says

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    I should know what my club is doing this year very soon. It's in Carney off harford road so it's close for us guys up here. Our class prices are very reasonable and most of the instructors are pretty good guys, including me.:D

I'll post up when I get the schedule, we usually do at least one personal protection in the home course and sometimes two per year. If any of you folks would like some one on one or you and your wife type stuff, let me know and I'll see what we can work out.

For all those that don't know me, I am an NRA certified instructor in Basic Rifle, Basic pistol and Personal Protection in the Home, I can also do first steps in the rifle and pistol disciplines. I am also a NRA certified Range Safety Officer as well as an IDPA certified Safety Officer. I also spent four of the seven years active duty in the Marine Corps with 3rd Recon Bn and have a bunch of atta boy BS hangin on the wall. So I can also give you some pointers on tactical weapon handling as well, I'm only certified by experience on that one though.:)

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    I should know what my club is doing this year very soon. It's in Carney off harford road so it's close for us guys up here. Our class prices are very reasonable and most of the instructors are pretty good guys, including me.:D

I'll post up when I get the schedule, we usually do at least one personal protection in the home course and sometimes two per year. If any of you folks would like some one on one or you and your wife type stuff, let me know and I'll see what we can work out.

For all those that don't know me, I am an NRA certified instructor in Basic Rifle, Basic pistol and Personal Protection in the Home, I can also do first steps in the rifle and pistol disciplines. I am also a NRA certified Range Safety Officer as well as an IDPA certified Safety Officer. I also spent four of the seven years active duty in the Marine Corps with 3rd Recon Bn and have a bunch of atta boy BS hangin on the wall. So I can also give you some pointers on tactical weapon handling as well, I'm only certified by experience on that one though.:)

I would love to hear more...keep me posted on the next class as Harford Road is not far at all. It would be nice to get someone from the board to teach us :)

As for H&M...I'll still follow up just to see the deal as back up.

im_mac

Dec 17, 2008
    Bel Air
    Hi, I'm another new guy interested in some training.

I saw the First Steps course offered by H&M, but I'm afraid it'd be very introductory (I'm envisioning the MSP webvideo taught by a person). Should I really be looking for an NRA basic pistol class? That sounds a bit more in depth.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Hi, I'm another new guy interested in some training.

I saw the First Steps course offered by H&M, but I'm afraid it'd be very introductory (I'm envisioning the MSP webvideo taught by a person). Should I really be looking for an NRA basic pistol class? That sounds a bit more in depth.

Yeah, basic pistol might suit you better if you have an understanding of a firearm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom