• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ClarkM

Apr 3, 2010
    Is anyone having any groundhog problems that would like taken care of?

Or does anyone know of a place that I could go or people to contact?

My friend has land we shoot on, but he is rarely available and it is perfect time to go out now.

Thank you!

-Clark

ClarkM

Apr 3, 2010
    On the other thread. Western MD seems to be the place to go. Welcome btw

Thank you! This seems like a great forum, I can't believe I never stumbled onto it before now.

:party29: YEPPERS ! Got hogs and coyotes all over !

I live in Frederick and wanted to go again before I get my departure date for bootcamp and leave. Are you allowing others to come onto your property for the hunt if safe, responsible and respectful?

hard_core_emt

Mar 21, 2010
    Oakland, MD
    I hunt on amish farmers land close by. I run a small welding repair shop so i personally know most of the farmers around here and most will have no problem , just be mindfull of there livestock. I have one farmer who gives me 10 crop tags every year cause he just cant stand em tearin up his crops. have places you can get shots 500+ yards.

ClarkM

Apr 3, 2010
    I hunt on amish farmers land close by. I run a small welding repair shop so i personally know most of the farmers around here and most will have no problem , just be mindfull of there livestock. I have one farmer who gives me 10 crop tags every year cause he just cant stand em tearin up his crops. have places you can get shots 500+ yards.

I am willing to make the 2 hour drive if I knew I would have permission. The famers I've talked to so far are skeptical to let anyone but family shoot on their lands for "liability" reasons, even when I had my ID, certs, and Landowner/Hunter liability cards to sign on me for them.

hard_core_emt

Mar 21, 2010
    Oakland, MD
    i know 2 farms where i know it would be no problem. Dont take but a minute to ask tho. I keep permission slips with me . Get done a job and ask for permission. If i get a yes well i cut them a break on the bill. They remember guesters like that

ClarkM

Apr 3, 2010
    I would be very greatfull. I will continue asking around here without expectations.

grb

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2010
    MT. Airy, Md
    Yeah, I have a whole family of them that have set up shop right across a creek from my house. Unfortunately, my neighbors would probably sh!!t themselves if I shot one. I keep threatening to pop one off the deck with a Mosin. Wife just rolls her eyes and says she won't bail me out.

Welcome to the forum.

ClarkM

Apr 3, 2010
    Yeah, I have a whole family of them that have set up shop right across a creek from my house. Unfortunately, my neighbors would probably sh!!t themselves if I shot one. I keep threatening to pop one off the deck with a Mosin. Wife just rolls her eyes and says she won't bail me out.

Welcome to the forum.

How far is your neighbors house from them?

ClarkM

Apr 3, 2010
    300 yards. Mosin is just picking up a head of steam at that range! :D

Your neighbors would really fit if you or someone would take them out?

Also, do you go to the Mt. Airy Gunshack? I was there today, great place

grb

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2010
    MT. Airy, Md
    Yeah, I go in there once in a while. Lot of nice rifles, not many handguns. Cool old place though. Looks like it has been there 100 years.

ClarkM

Apr 3, 2010
    Yeah, I go in there once in a while. Lot of nice rifles, not many handguns. Cool old place though. Looks like it has been there 100 years.

Yea, however I wanted a Hk USP and they ordered it for me. Arrived in 3 days, great price, and they were extremely friendly.

A little expensive for ammo there, but cheap ammo prices doesn't exist right now anyway. :tdown:

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's

Welcome to the forum.

Mosin + Critter = Messy:lol2:

CHUNKERMD

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    West MD
    i know 2 farms where i know it would be no problem. Dont take but a minute to ask tho. I keep permission slips with me . Get done a job and ask for permission. If i get a yes well i cut them a break on the bill. They remember guesters like that

Do you have a copy to share of these "permission slips" that you speak of Sir?

Blank ones of course.

ClarkM

Apr 3, 2010
    Do you have a copy to share of these "permission slips" that you speak of Sir?

Blank ones of course.

pic of one to print hunterpermission.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom