• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    The people that get upset about these things are the same ones that would say the government should have done something if the rabid groundhog infected one of their pets.

Years ago we were taking down a beaver dam in our neighborhood creek. Neighbor stopped by and decried our actions. Few months later she stopped by and asked if her son could help us take it down again. The beavers were now working on her trees. :) Got to love these huggers. Fred55

Oddway Otts

Mar 17, 2008
    Harford County
    Maybe it was a Baltimore City Hog. :rolleyes: He/she refused lawful orders of a police officer, then came at the officer, only to be killed. :( Protests & riots are likely being organized for this pillar of the community, struck down by a vicious, insensitive, rogue police officer. :banghead:

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    It happened in CC, big deal. Those things get killed by the truckload. Heck, I kill about 10+ a year. Nuance and destroyer of crops. These dumb "animal lovers" probably have a problem with rats being killed in the city too.

Oh yeah, dupe.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Carroll County began going downhill when the Times put a picture of hogbutchering at the farm museum on the front page & every snowflake in the county complained. Hasn't been right since.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I beat a rabid groundhog to death with a shovel once, after first shooting it with my Pepper Blaster.
    (The Pepper Blaster knocked it right off its stubby little feet, no shite.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Those things are tough. Mine was charging at me the same way. I shot it with my Pepper Blaster at about 6 or 8 feet and it was bowled over right off its feet. Then I stepped in and beat it to death with the shovel I was holding.

That Deputy just needed a shovel.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    More kudos to the deputy for having the wherewithal to kneel low prior to shooting, so he’d minimize the angle of Mr. Rick O’Shea off the blacktop on the pass-thrus. The ground on both sides was elevated much like a berm at a range. Standing upright firing downward at a steeper angle may have caused a higher exit path out into some neighborhood.

By the way, what is “mouned”?

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Yes. One shot with a .45 would have destroyed it's soul, AND caused a pothole in Liberty Road. .:D

Not in my experience , I shot a rabid raccoon with 3 45 caliber 230 grain bullets in the top of the skull before it died . it was getting to close for comfort I wished the Mauser was loaded

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I saw on Facebook some people are having major meltdowns over this. It's your typical snowflake immaturity. They see something that bothers them, and rather than deal with an upsetting incident like an adult they need to cry out and vent blame at someone to make themselves feel better. In this case the officer who had to make the decision.

And human health concerns aside, these retards should consider how many other groundhogs or wild mammals this animal may have infected had he been returned to the wild.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom