• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    I'm sure someone will immediately post "Dupe!" But whatever, it's worth watching if you want to know why revolvers should never be gripped the same as a semiautomatic pistol.

https://youtu.be/nucg5VAff4c

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    I was shooting with a former girlfriends father and he laid himself open by using his hand to stabilize the gun (357) across the forcing cone. Fortunately I had my med pack in the car.

Last edited:

Erno86

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2012
    Marriottsville, Maryland
    About 7 years ago...I was standing behind a guy in his shooting stall at the Continental Indoor Shooting Range in Timonium. He was trying out his newly aquired 500 Smith & Wesson pistol. He starting cocking the piece for a single action shot...but while he was doing that, he had the palm of his left hand, placed over the left face of the cylinder for support.

The shooter had a negligent discharge. He DROPPED the pistol when it went off...putting a bullet crater hole in the concrete floor about three feet ahead of him --- With the bullet continuing downrange, while it ricocheted off the left side wall about 10 yards away.

He suffered a 3" long gash wound on the palm of his left hand. He went to management, and they patched him up the best they could --- They told him he would have to go to the hospital for stitches --- So what does he do? --- Goes right back too shooting some more --- By then...I was long gone from the premises.

A moderator on another shooting forum...recalled an instance about a male teenager who was shooting a heavy caliber pistol at the range --- The resulting recoil, shoved the pistol back into his head and killed him.

I always hold on tight...when I shoot 454 Casull, or full power 45 Colt loads in my Ruger Super Redhawk pistol.

abcabc

Nov 30, 2015
    First time my buddy and I ever shot a revolver he decided to pull the trigger with his middle finger and had his index fully extended along the frame/top of the cylinder. He shot and immediately yelped and had a nice burn with black marks from the powder. Luckily it was only 22 short and we quickly learned what not to do.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Notice this thread is turning into one of those, "I know this guy..." threads.:rolleyes:

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Notice this thread is turning into one of those, "I know this guy..." threads.:rolleyes:

1178c63633d3b1f29eef76c2ed643adc5eb461dab0d9bb2e826d06a7b313e49d.jpg

psucobra96

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2011
    Never fired a revolver. I know not to cover the cylinder area but not thinking so much about that lower area where gases can also expand. Good safety info to pick up on hand placement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom