• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    With so many Marylanders finally (legally) carrying, I think a great follow-up class to the MD required coursework is FPF Training's "Street Encounter Skills" class. I'm on record saying this in other threads as well.

I have taken both the older one-day and the current two-day versions of this course. It provides a smorgasbord of desirable skills for the "regular person" carrying a gun, including: concealed draw, pepper spray skills (you get a live and Training POM sprayer to keep), verbal deescalation skills, pressure-dressing and tourniquet application skills, decision-making skills, shooting at 3D targets, and more.

You can read one of my reviews from last year here:

John Murphy is NRA and Rangemaster certified as an instructor. His training resume is rather robust (WELL beyond my own), an ex-Marine (for those who care about such things), and an ex-intel worker (for those who care about such things).

I highly recommend this course. It's being offered in late June in Culpeper, and you can signed up at fpftraining.com

And John Murphy has not asked me to post this, nor does he know that I am posting it. I just feel like, with so many recent news stories of legal gun owners inappropriately using their guns, this might be a great course for many. Do with it what you will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom