• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DES2013

Mar 5, 2011
    I had a great time at Savage River Range near Deep Creek Lake, with my son and brother-in-law today. Both are new shooters, so the peace and "quiet" of the location, allowed me to provide them so good training. I think we have a couple of new members.

If you ever get a chance, check this place out.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Its definetly a "quiet" range so to speak. I see deer prints on the range all the time - If they only knew what goes on there, lol.

Ive seen a flock of turkey one day up on the hill by the power lines - someone made a joke at me - told me to use my varmint rifle to get one.

Its is a nice range - no disgruntled RO's to bark at you ***cough...Cresap***
    cough.

DES2013

Mar 5, 2011
    We went to the lake for the first time a few weeks ago and had a blast. On the way there is when I stumbled upon the shooting range. No more than 2 or 3 people there the three times I have been there. Fun for everybody!!!

lotofpez

Feb 10, 2011
    Cumberland
    The only time I have ever seen that range packed was on any Black Friday. Standing room only and you gave to wait for a bench on that day.

dr_gonzo71

Jun 17, 2011
    Cumberland, MD
    It was packed at noon today. Don't know if it was an event or not. I just turned around and left since there were no open benches. The place is getting popular I guess!

SamW

Apr 2, 2007
    Western Md
    Interesting. The only time I have every seen people at all twelve benches and waiting in line was just before rifle season for Deer.

4570inMD

Western MD Hooligan #007
    Jan 26, 2011
    West Virginia
    It was packed at noon today. Don't know if it was an event or not. I just turned around and left since there were no open benches. The place is getting popular I guess!

+1 last weekend.

Maybe we should not promote it soooo much. LOL

GC
    ===========================

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    I was there on Tuesday of this week for about 2 hours. One called pulled out as I drove in...and that's the only vehicle or person I saw the whole time. I got a chance to play with my National Postal Meter M1 Carbine and my decked-out Ruger 10/22. I started out at 50 yds, then went out to the 100 yd targets. I love shooting a .22 at 100 yds...definitely a need to read the wind!

It's a very nice facility, about 12 well done shooting benchs under a large roof. It's also a great way to operate. An honor system -- just sign the envelope, stuff in your $5, drop it into the slot and be safe!

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom