• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    I just wanted to report a great experience I had with Seekins Precision that was entirely unexpected and unnecessary, but is an example of outstanding service that is lacking in many industries.

I recently decided to make some changes to one of my ARs that required me to remove a BAR rail. Those of you who have Seekins or Spikes BAR rails know that there are 8 T20 Torx screws that secure the quadrail to its proprietary barrel nut. I successfully removed 7 of those screws. The 8th screw most have had an extra bit of loctite because when I attempted to remove it, I stripped the crap out of it.

I attempted to use a GrabBit to remove it, which only stripped the screw even more. I decided the only way to get the rail off was to drill out the screw. I was able to do it without noticeable damage to the rail but did drill out most of the threads in the hole in the barrel nut.

I went to Seekins "Contact Us" page and sent an e-mail to find out if it would be safe to operate the BAR rail with only 7 screws, and if not how can I go about purchasing a replacement barrel nut. I included my name, phone number, and address, which is a habit I have when contacting a business whose products I've purchased.

About 24 hours went by and I did not receive a response. But what I did receive was UPS shipping confirmation stating that Seekins Precision had initiated a shipment to me. Today I received a replacement barrel nut from Seekins, some barrel nut shims, and 8 brand new T20 Torx Screws.

Needless to say, I am very impressed with their quick response to my query in today's tumultuous firearms market. The issue I had and the damage to the barrel nut could have been the result of my own lack of experience with certain tools and screws, but I am proud to own several BAR rails from Seekins or Spikes Tactical (same rail and barrel nut). I will certainly be looking to purchase more parts from such a great company and recommend them to friends.

Here's a photo of what they sent.

a5ygusy4.jpg

VWTurbo

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Perry Hall
    Always love to hear about companies that stand behind their products, even when they are not necessarily required to given the situation.
    kudos

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Man...I love great customer service.
    It's good to hear that if we screw up my BAR rail swap this weekend, I can just contact them or grab a few of your screws :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom