• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    I'll say this, I usually shoot at Continental, but last week we wanted to introduce a novice shooter and since Continental isn't air conditioned, we opted for Freestate. The fact I was able to shoot the AR there was a bonus.

I love Freestate, but it a bit of a haul for me.
    I also have noticed that "The Roadie" has been much more polite and helpful in the past few weeks. He now walks down the line instead of standing over your shoulder at a lane. I like knowing he's keeping an eye on things without being overbearing.
    My guess is the big "What Do You Think Of Continental" thread on here was reviewed my Continental's mgmt.

Annie Oakley

Chick
    Jun 5, 2011
    Maryland
    Honestly, there is no reason for me to go to Continental anymore (at this point.) Freestate is super close to where I live. It doesn't help matters that they are decent and never treated me like crap. Just sayin'. I'm glad he's changing his tune, but it's too little too late for me. I somehow DOUBT this is the first they have heard about this.

Bigbore74

Jun 12, 2011
    Baltimore Maryland
    Been going to freestate for awhile now and have had nothing but amazing experiences. Any gun issue I have had bob (the resident gun doc) has helped me fix it and Randy, mark and Terry have been more than nice in every case. These guys know how to run a range and make it a fun and friendly place to hang out and enjoy your shooting. It's supposed to be fun, the last time I checked. Some of my experiences at other ranges have been high pressure, not so fun times that I never want to repeat. Freestate rocks!

TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    So how big is the store, do they have a good stock?

Think the website could do with some real work, for a range/store that's getting such good reviews.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    So how big is the store, do they have a good stock?

Think the website could do with some real work, for a range/store that's getting such good reviews.

They're still in the process of opening, so they aren't particularly well polished yet. They don't have as large of a stock of guns and accessories as does Continental, but the range itself is nicer and has outstanding customer service to boot. I particularly like the storage area directly behind the firing line that keeps you from tripping over targets and range bags. I'd recommend you check it out to see for yourself.

TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    They're still in the process of opening, so they aren't particularly well polished yet. They don't have as large of a stock of guns and accessories as does Continental, but the range itself is nicer and has outstanding customer service to boot. I particularly like the storage area directly behind the firing line that keeps you from tripping over targets and range bags. I'd recommend you check it out to see for yourself.

Think I will as soon as my paperwork is processed, so I can pickup my new Sig :cool:

NYKh

Fear & Loathing
    Sep 29, 2009
    Whitemarsh
    Wha?, I live 10 min from this place and I’m just hearing about it? I need to get out more often…
    I know what I’m doing this weekend.
    Are they like H&McC in harco, do you need to use TMJ or their ammo, or can you bring your own?

FreeState

Ultimate Member
    Oct 31, 2010
    White Marsh
    Wha?, I live 10 min from this place and I’m just hearing about it? I need to get out more often…
    I know what I’m doing this weekend.
    Are they like H&McC in harco, do you need to use TMJ or their ammo, or can you bring your own?

Frangible ammo not required!

sgt slick

Aug 8, 2011
    East Baltimore
    Not to pile on-- but there is this one guy at Continental that really offended me. I am an African-American male and he felt the need to tell me that I should not hold my desert eagle sideways "like the gang bangers do in the movies" as I was loading ammo into my magazine. I swallowed my tongue and my pride...shot for about 15 minutes and left really feeling "some kind of way" about it. That was 3 years ago...I went to Freestyle last night, not really knowing what to expect. I am REALLY glad I went. The staff really went out of their way to make me feel comfortable (even so far as to measure the target I shot at, so I could buy a frame for it). I could actually hear patrons encouraging other patrons they'd never met before last night. Freestate will definitely get my business again

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    I need to go visit this place, but I am afriad it will cause me to shoot more often and will liberate more money from my pocket.

You guys get a Pistol Instructor course going I can take and I will become a member. :-)
    TD

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    I need to go visit this place, but I am afriad it will cause me to shoot more often and will liberate more money from my pocket.

You guys get a Pistol Instructor course going I can take and I will become a member. :-)
    TD

I think there will be anothger RSO class in November and an NRA Pistol Instructor class in January. Check wirth Mark.

eric_2902

Retired Army
    Jan 13, 2010
    Conowingo
    Anyone know how the recent Utah law changes impact CCWs? I have one and another told me now that in order to renew you have to show a CCW from your home state...is that true? THat would suck

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I was pretty impressed today to as i set up for 4 transfers. They even extended the group buy (AR lowers) rate to a MkIII I had ordered separately.

I will be talking to them on a price for my next purchase. I really wish I lived closer

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Anyone know how the recent Utah law changes impact CCWs? I have one and another told me now that in order to renew you have to show a CCW from your home state...is that true? THat would suck

I believe that only applies if your home state recognizes the Utah permit, Maryland does not.

namelessname120

Jul 6, 2011
    Love Freestate, a bit far but its better than continental ( i have to buy YOUR ammo instead of bringing my own?????!!!!!!) and select fire ( no customer service, skinny lil punk acted like he didn't want to answer/ know the answer my question, no guns on display ) . Shooting a ar-15, saiga 12 and mossberg 500 was so fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom