• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I'm not overly impressed. He makes valid points, but once he got to the point that "mostly men want to act like soldiers, but few actually want to BE soldiers." He lost me.

I miss being in the Army on a daily basis. I WAS a soldier and gave it up, and to some of us that hurts as much as anything we've ever done. I sacrificed my freedom to be a soldier and defend my country, and later sacrificed being a soldier for my family. Both are honorable endeavors.

So yeah, he kind of lost me at that point.

Shift

Ultimate Member
    Apr 11, 2012
    Denton
    I'm not overly impressed. He makes valid points, but once he got to the point that "mostly men want to act like soldiers, but few actually want to BE soldiers." He lost me.

I miss being in the Army on a daily basis. I WAS a soldier and gave it up, and to some of us that hurts as much as anything we've ever done. I sacrificed my freedom to be a soldier and defend my country, and later sacrificed being a soldier for my family. Both are honorable endeavors.

I for one don't want to act like a soldier. I regret not enlisting in the military but I certainly don't pretend to be a soldier. My firearms are not meant so I can play soldier if SHTF. My firearms are a means of defending my family and putting food on the table if SHTF and I ever have to lead my family to safety.

Shift

Ultimate Member
    Apr 11, 2012
    Denton
    Of course the libs should be fearful of me if SHTF because their lives mean little to me if they are between my family and safety with no way around.

But they dont believe anything will ever happen, they are way smarterer than everyone around the world throughout history.

Last edited:

Major03

Ultimate Member

I hear ya TxAggie, I too made the same choice (although a Marine, not a soldier) for the same reasons. Also own an AR for service rifle comp (although it turned out my wife and I disagreed on the availability of my free time on Saturdays...) Thanks for your service BTW, God bless you.

Granted, the article generalizes things but I do think it accurately summarizes a lot of what seems to be going on and why the anti's freak out so much.

Not everyone with an AR is a soldier wannabe, but there are a lot of them. And, who cares? What's the problem with owning up to the fact that the AR platform appeals to a lot of folks strictly because of the aesthetics. As long as they don't hurt anyone I could care less if someone buys an AR because they think it "looks cool." I could also care less if someone likes to dress up in drag or buttless leather chaps at the Hippo. Both are strange activities to me, but hey...that's freedom.

I'm happy to have them show up at the AGC range with the Polish flektard cammies they bought from Sportsman's Guide wearing a chest harness and "zeroing in" their SKS's and AR's and AK's at 25 yards and whatnot.

Amusing for me, fun for them, more folks getting interested in shooting sports...all around win.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    I think the "soldier wannabe" is being blown out of proportion. He goes on to say he thinks it is good and is more of a "protector" type of thing, and not a mall cop type of thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom