• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Diesel-Dad

Jun 25, 2016
    HARFORD COUNTY
    Didn’t see a thread for this yet. Figured why not start one.

Is anyone going? I know a few md charters and outfitters are going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Since I had to look it up to find out how much longer it will be going on, here's the info:

Saturday, February 5: 9:00am - 7:00pm
    Sunday, February 6: 10:00am - 5:00pm
    Monday, February 7 - Friday, February 11: 10:00am - 7:00pm
    Saturday, February 12: 9:00am - 7:00pm
    Sunday, February 13: 10:00am - 5:00pm

Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex
    2300 North Cameron Street
    Harrisburg, PA, 17110

https://www.greatamericanoutdoorshow.org/

Vic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Whiteford, MD
    I'm taking my son and daughter. Been taking my son for his whole life. He's 18 now. Glad it didn't get canceled.
    V

wbwanzer

Feb 4, 2008
    York PA. and loving it
    Is it worth going for the guns only? I'm not that interested in camping, fishing or hunting. I'm in York so not that far for me, but I'm only interested in firearms.
    Thanks.

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    Is it worth going for the guns only? I'm not that interested in camping, fishing or hunting. I'm in York so not that far for me, but I'm only interested in firearms.
    Thanks.

They do not sell firearms at this show. However a lot of manufacturers are there, and have a bunch of their stuff there to pickup, handle and ask questions about

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    I'm probably passing on it this year, but glad to see the show is back on. I usually take off a day and go during the week when it's a heck of lot less crowded. Talking to the vendors (particularly firearms) for more than a few seconds during the weekends always takes a lot more jockeying due to the crowds. Work gets in the way this year.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    It depends on what you are looking for. If you go thinking it will be like a gun show you will be disappointed. I’ve gone the past few times and it was just “ok” for me this year. If you are looking for a fun way to looking at the latest hunting and fishing gear, or looking to book a hunt or charter than this is the show for you.

I was disappointed that Colt, Geiselle, magpul, Ruger and a few other big vendors didn’t show up this year. My son found a first production run Benchmade knife he was looking for so that was worth it for him. I was there on opening day so it was crowded as hell.

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    Bit of a let down yesterday not as many vendors. Only saw one ammo vendor there .did not have much to offer. Many big name firearm vendors missing this year also.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    I walked the entire show in 2 hours...saw all i needed in that time. I don't walk the guides/destinations because I don't have 10's of thousands to spend on hunts.

Plenty of duck and goose calls, per normal. Plenty of fishing tackle, per normal. I went there looking for two vendors, neither were there, so it was kind of a bust for me.

My buddy bought a second Finisher bird tool at the show, and promptly lost it within an hour. He went back to the booth to see if he left it there (he didn't), and the guy gave him a new one. I thought that was pretty cool, and he deserved some recognition for it (and maybe another sale or two). https://adrenal-line.com/collections/finisher

Vetted84

Nov 8, 2016
    Bit of a let down yesterday not as many vendors. Only saw one ammo vendor there .did not have much to offer. Many big name firearm vendors missing this year also.

I went Monday. Was surprised at the size of the crowd. An enjoyable way to spend some time.

For the daredevils there were quite a few 80% vendors. Complete polymer 80 kits for $450.

jmiller320

Ultimate Member
    Aug 7, 2008
    Havre de Grace
    Went Thursday. Arrived about 1:30 pm. Parking lot had a closed sign and I drove in and found plenty of spaces. The lady at the booth said it just started clearing out. Vendor participation seemed down. Not much in the way of boats or campers. Saw one ammo dealer that was crowded. Gun Broker was giving out nice bags, but they were out when I found their booth. Plenty of accessories and knives for sale in the big new hall. A few scope dealers. Lot of bow stuff. Bring your own water bottle unless you want to pay $4 for a 16 oz bottle.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Went for the weekend and had a great time. Less vendors but still some good stuff to see and people to reconnect with. Only vendor that was rude was Taurus, but they might have just been having a bad day.

Got to check out some things on my wish list, picked up a few things as well. Always use the show as a getaway for a few days and recommend it to anyone. Hopefully next year will be filled with vendors again.

TD

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    My son and I went yesterday and had a good time. Got a chance to look at a bunch of nice guns, walked over to the Sig Sauer booth and heard non-stop click click click as pistols were being dry fired in all directions! LOL! Taylor Firearms had some nice guns on display. Really enjoyed the venomous snake demonstration too. I was disappointed that Ruger wasn't there.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    NV Devices had spectacular deals on night vision.

Anderson has AR aluminum 80% lowers for $40.

The crowd seemed to skew a little younger than in previous years.

T48

Mar 5, 2018
    Anne Arundel Co.
    The show was somewhat of a disappointment. About 30 percent less vendors . Many were selling flea market items like jewelry socks and candy etc. Hope future shows get back to the focus on the outdoors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom